Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjonsqd13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Main drain degree of drop
    I'm finishing my basement and the main drain pipe is in a very bad spot. I'm going to re-run the main drain. How much of a drop should the pipe be? (Example: 1" every 10')
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 08:56 PM
    2" pipe and under must have a minimum fall of 1/4" per foot equalling 1" every 4 feet and larger than 2" pipe must have a minimum of 1/8" per foot equalling 1" every 8 feet for residential drain and sewer piping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to run the drain pipes? Is 90 degree OK? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in the process of replacing some galvanized pipe with PVC, but I'm unsure of the best way to run the drain. A shower drain of 1 1/2" galvanized pipe runs with a couple of smaller 1/8 bends and then makes a 90 degree bend before a vertical sink drain of 1 1/4" pipe is connected to this line ,...

Shower drain drop to drain [ 2 Answers ]

We are replacing our bathtub with a shower. The shower drain hole is in the center, whereas the bathtub drain was at one end, we intend to use the same drain in the cement foundation, but we need to know how much of a drop that is needed from the new shower drain to the original drain. We are...

Main drain [ 1 Answers ]

My main sewer backed up 4 times a year. Cost me $100 every time I called the plumber. What type of chemical can I used to prevent this. I have no tree in front of house at all. Thank you in advanced

Main drain clogged - I think [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to the board, but have read several questions and responses and think you can help me. I have a one floor unit in a 4-unit condo building built in mid-1970s. Previous owner had a low-flow toilet installed at least 7 years ago. This is the toilet from hell. I have to plunge this thing at...

View more questions Search