Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidgg72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Remote control does not work light but works fan
    I have a remote control hampton bay fan. The remote control operates the fan but not the light. Will not turn the light on or off or dim it. Any suggestions?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Does the remote LED light up when you attempt to control the lights?
    vodoc Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Did you check to see if the light switch on fan is in the on position?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote control on ceiling fan with a fluorescent light [ 4 Answers ]

I purchase a Home Depot ceiling fan with a fluorescent light. I bought a remote control for the fan but it cannot control the fluorescent light. Any thoughts on how I may reconfigure the wiring to use the remote? Thanks, Dan

Remote works for fan, not light [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed a Hampton Bay Caswyck ceiling fan. The remote works fine on the fan, changes speeds, on and off. The remote will not turn the lights, top or bottom, on. I've checked the wiring, everything is tight. What do I do now?

Ceiling fand and light remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house and found this remote control that apparently is supposed to control a ceiling fan and a light somewhere. I can't determine which of many fans or light it controls. There were no instructions on the remote control either. The control has a brand name of DC or designer's...

Remote Control Light and Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have just had two Omega Casablanca remote control Ceiling and Light fans fitted. My question I have noticed that when I use my microwave oven this will turn on the light or fan on these units, is this normal and how can I rectify the problem. Thanking you kindly, sarah 1:confused:

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

View more questions Search