Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csquared65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 08:53 PM
    96 honda civic hatch indicator light stays on
    I have a 96 honda civic and the hatch indicator light stays on,+ hatch is firmly shut
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 09:00 PM
    The switch has probably corroded and gone open. Grounding the switch shows the hatch as open, so unplugging the switch should turn off the light. Either way, the lamp on the dash won't tell you if the hatch is open.
    csquared65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Thank you, can anyone tell me how to remove the switch or replace it, I just want the light off and no fuse pulling will turn it off unless I pull the one for all the instrument lights which obviously I won't.
    Thanks
    Roy
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by csquared65
    Thank you, can anyone tell me how to remove the switch or replace it, I just want the light off and no fuse pulling will turn it off unless i pull the one for all the instrument lights which obviously I wont.
    thanks
    Roy
    The switch is mounted on the latch itself. On your car, the connector can be unplugged; it may be a one wire (Blue w/ Black Trace) or a two wire (one Blue w/ Black Trace & one Black) harness leading to it.

Name:  aa----.GIF
Views: 696
Size:  12.8 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Low Fuel Indicator Light [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much fuel remains in my 2003 Honda Accord when the low fuel indicator light comes on? I cannot find this information in my owner's manual. Thank you!

91 honda civic hatch clicking noise [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 91 honda civic hatchback and I was on my way to work this morning and noticed a strange clicking noise on the fron left side sounds like its coming from the wheel I went to a shop and they said either axle or brakes and said 150 to 175 for each any opinions of what it might...

Honda civic 2002 open door indicator light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honda civic 2002 and recently I did get that the open door indicator light it is not working. When the car is on and a door is open it donīt show the indicator in the instruments panel also the light in the dome get on. The open truck indicator light go on only if the truck is open. ...

View more questions Search