Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aiyerrc Posts: 135, Reputation: 16

Dec 27, 2007, 09:25 PM
    She wants to see me then, and give me my xmas present, and spend time with me, because even though we are broken up, and our relationship status doesn't determine how much I'm allowed to miss you... she said she misses me, she doesn't miss her boyfriend, she wanted to see me...
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Dec 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
    You know what, it doesn't matter. You did good.

This one is out of the way and you can learn from it and not make the same mistakes in the next relationship.

There will be many, don't freak out, remain cool. Have fun at school and hang out with the boys, the next one will be right around the corner.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Dec 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aiyerrc
    she wants to see me then, and give me my xmas present, and spend time with me, bc even though we are broken up, and our relationship status doesnt determine how much im allowed to miss you....she said she misses me, she doesnt miss her boyfriend, she wanted to see me...
    Aiyerrrc:

She is probably a nice girl. She realized that it wasn't working so she went into the fade out. She likes you, but wants to keep it on the friendship level.

Meet her, accept the present, say thanks and then get out of there. If you keep up the chasing your friendship will end.

Start the NC, if she asks why tell her the truth. I care about you and I just need some time to get you out of my mind, after that we'll be good.

Dec 28, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Is there a reason I'm taking this so well? Maybe I knew it had been coming for a few weeks?

Dec 29, 2007, 12:31 AM
    If I were to see her or hear of her with another man, I would get upset... does this mean I still like her?
    Baby-_-Girl-_-19 Posts: 67, Reputation: 4

Dec 29, 2007, 08:50 AM
    I've Noticed, that before if you knew it had been coming on its easier to cope with because you were able to brace yourself.

You Dated the girl for a while and although you can handle being friends with her when you're both single, You probably do still have some feelings for her, exspecially if you would get upset if you saw her with another man it comes along with the territory. I don't know how much you liked her, but I do know that, all emotions you have for someone don't just disaperate, it takes time.

The real question is are you ok-enough to still have contact, to go see her on new years to let her give you your present?

Not saying she will, but being friends with your ex also means that occasionally you will have to hear about the guy she thinks is hot or if she does start dating another man, you will probably have to hear about it.

I still think new years is a good idea, then like LivingthelifeinFLA said, no contact, and if she asks why tell her the truth... and if you REALLY don't want to have no contact, try small stuff, emails and texts...

Jan 6, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Update...

I've gone 11 days w/o any contact at all, and its hasn't been hard at all. Have I thought about her? Of course, but m not losing any sleep over her, and I'm having a blast with all my friends in the mountains.

I decided to not contact her on new years, because I just didn't really feel like seeing her. She didn't contact me either, but one of the girls I knew she was with texted and called one of the guys she knew I was with saying we should meet up, so I'm sure there's something there.

I did find out that she just realized her father was having an affair, and she has been dealing with that for the last few days...

I've really done fine with NC. I have had no urges to call her, text her, not even drunk text or anything. We will be back at school tomorrow night, and I really do want my present, but I feel like I should wait for her to contact me, which she isn't the type of person to do something lke that, but w/e..

Jan 6, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Update...

I've gone 11 days w/o any contact at all, and its hasn't been hard at all. Have I thought about her? Of course, but m not losing any sleep over her, and I'm having a blast with all my friends in the mountains.

I decided to not contact her on new years, because I just didn't really feel like seeing her. She didn't contact me either, but one of the girls I knew she was with texted and called one of the guys she knew I was with saying we should meet up, so I'm sure there's something there.

I did find out that she just realized her father was having an affair, and she has been dealing with that for the last few days...

I've really done fine with NC. I have had no urges to call her, text her, not even drunk text or anything. We will be back at school tomorrow night, and I really do want my present, but I feel like I should wait for her to contact me, which she isn't the type of person to do something lke that, but w/e..

Should I call her tomorrow and say hey and come get my present? Or should I just remain NC and completely cut her out of everything? Read the original post, then answer...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My g/f asked me for space and its killing me. [ 29 Answers ]

I've been dating a girl for 4 months, doesn't seem like a long time but it sure was. I'm 26 and she's 31... we started seeing each other right after she got out of a 5 year relationship in which she thought she was going to marry the guy... she actually says she finally cut the cord with him when...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

My girl of 3 years has asked for space [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, mygirlfriend of 3 years has said she is not hapy and needs to go to her mums to sort her head out. We have lived together for 2 years and she has gone to her mums before about a year ago, but she came back. We don't really argue but we do bicker a lot about nothing and when she drinks at...

My Girlfriend asked for space [ 1 Answers ]

When I was in eigthgrade I became a very good friend of this girl, we always spoke to each other until the end of the year the next year we didn't spoke at all and then in 10th grade she came to me. I knew that she wanted something more than just friendship so asked her on a date and then asked her...

View more questions Search