Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 3, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Teenage Pregnancy
    I couldn't help but notice a lot of questions posted by teenage girls who are trying to get pregnant, and wanting advice on how to get pregnant faster! What is with this?
    You can't possibly say that you are actually ready for a baby! Nor respsonible enough to. If you were actually responsile, you would use protection, or better yet, abstnence!

Why at your age do you want to get pregnant?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 04:22 PM
    You see, many just want someone to love. Many of those girls have very low self-esteem or are in abusive relationships where they think that having a baby will "fix" the relationship.

However, they don't know everything that really goes into being a mother. They don't know just how hard and thankless the work really is. It's not about love for the most part, but about perserverence, responsibility, maturity and lastly love and dedication.

Children last a lifetime, we cannot give them back when they are sick, mouthy, up all night for 2 or 3 days, etc.

Dec 3, 2007, 04:46 PM
    I think they need to get a brain!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 05:00 PM
    It is not about not having a brain mjl, it is about circumstances, parenting, relationships and schooling. It all comes together in one. Some people need to learn the hard way to grow up, and others avoid it. Just part of life and learning about life. Different people are at different maturity levels.

Joe
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl
    I think they need to get a brain!
    That was uncalled for... there is much more to it. The majority of women are born with a maternal instinct that makes them want to have children... most women start thinking about this at an early early age... I mean heck, little girls play with babydolls all the time... it's their nature to love and nurture.
    Young teens that are trying to get pregnant, usually have a bigger underlying issue that needs addressed.
    There is just so much more to it...

It just seems to me that you enjoying mixing the pot a bit here... I mean, you've started posts on just about EVERY controversial issue... sex and children before marriage, gay marriages, the death penalty, and now teen pregnancy... :rolleyes:
    nicole89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Well I see that not many teenagers have replied to this let me be the 1st please. I am 18 and didn't try to become pregnant but I do have a wonderful newborn Nov 4th She's the best thing that has happened to me. I have asked this same question myself but I can't speak for people they all have there own reasons of why but instead of saying that they need to get a brain or having negative things to say I will be the one to let them know that it is hard work and may set you back in life but you have to know that you have to live for someone else now. Having a child WILL NOT make a broken relationship heal. If any thing it may make things worst. And on the level of having someone to love and love you back sure your child will love you they need you for everything but that's just it the need you so make sure that you either have your family support or your stable and can provide for your child. Having a child is like paying for a college education let me be the one to say that my hospital bill for myself was 9,853.00 and for my daughter it was 13,986.00 so its no joke its expensive not to mention food clothes diapers etc so just be prepared and make sure you have support and best of wishes to those who makes this choice early in life. God Bless

Dec 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Wow, that's amazing! Do you mean that's what it costed to deliver her?
    nicole89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Reply... Yes that was labor and delivery cost I also had a Epidural so that added more money to the bill but it was well wrote it but my daughter was in the nursery for an extra 4 days with jaundice so that cost also when I got that bill I almost died but thank god for insurance lol

Dec 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
    I always hear on TV watching american channels listening to them talk about how expensive heath care is but I've always wondered how bad it is like how expensive. I never imagined it would be that bad. I think that is crazy! How could anyone afford that?
    amy-harding Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 08:22 AM
    I hadd my son at 14 not planned but I think its rediculas that people like you say were not responsible enough
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    You see, many just want someone to love. Many of those girls have very low self-esteem or are in abusive relationships where they think that having a baby will "fix" the relationship.

However, they don't know everything that really goes into being a mother. They don't know just how hard and thankless the work really is. It's not about love for the most part, but about perserverence, responsibility, maturity and lastly love and dedication.

Children last a lifetime, we cannot give them back when they are sick, mouthy, up all night for 2 or 3 days, etc.
    I agree

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage Son - I can't take him any more [ 29 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son, he's disrespectful, hateful, foul mouthed and the boundarys we set mean nothing to him. I can't let him disrupt my home any longer and want to throw him out. Is there any way I can get him out of my house legally?

Teenage Pregnancy? [ 15 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend is 4 months pregnant. Her own mother will not take her to the doctor, She is constantly calling her names. Telling her she is going to take the baby from her. The verbal abuse is BAD, her mother is not doing anything to help the mother of my grandchild. I have been there for...

Teenage growth [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I'm 5'9 1/2, I haven't grown since I was about 13, will I grow anymore?

Teenage life [ 1 Answers ]

Being a teenager is the hardest part of life. Learning, loving, accepting is just the start. Getting your heart broken, losing friends, finishing school, all parts of a teen life. My experience has been both GREAT and ing hell. I'm 17 years old and I've had experiences that most other teenagers...

Teenage daughter and pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My daughter is 17 and pregnant. Not to get into much detail, the father is not the type of person I want my Grandchild alone with nor his family. What should we do? Do we have to file for custody after the birth? Or will it be granted to my daughter? Do we has parents have rights...

View more questions Search