Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bustertypsy Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Dec 3, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Doing NC.Can a woman be too proud to initiate contact?
    I am now in week 7 of NC.We broke up after a stupid argument,my fault.She wouldn't answer my phone calls or reply to my text messages.After a week of this I had to meet her at her job in order to talk to her.Anyway she said I overstepped the mark and that's it.She said she loves me but hates what I did.Anyway the question is could sheer pride or stubbornness hold her from contacting me?Could she be hoping that I'll come back begging and hold out until I do?I just know that we deeply love each other and there is no third party.Should I hold out with the NC?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
    What did you do to make her so mad?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 5, 2007, 05:06 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/

Did you read the first two stickys above?

Can I assume that even though you need advice, your are not the type to open up enough to strangers? Can I assume then that by overstepping the mark as she said, you kept something vital from her because you are the type that does not communicate openly that much at all? If I am correct in my assumptions, then the first step for you to take is obvious, isn't it?

So.. start communicating, man, or nothing you do will work out the way you would like it to.

Dec 6, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    What did you do to make her so mad?

Well one night we were out my way (I live 15 miles away) and we had a row.I told her she wasn't staying in my house that night,she could stay in my friends.She became furious,stormed out and got a taxi home.Next day she came to collect her things.After that I tried to make contact.The rest you know from my first post.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 05:45 AM
    I am assuming this was not the first mark you over stepped but maybe the one that did it for her. I could be wrong.
    I don't think she is being stubborn by not contacting you, she is serious. She may be done, finished.
    A woman can be stubborn and not contact you as can a man, either way there is not much you can do about it.
    Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 06:30 AM
    I need more info to gauge what kind of relationship you had with her, and need to know what led to a man not taking his date home? I would be PO'd at you also, if you pulled that with me. You would be history. I suspect this isn't the first time either.

Dec 6, 2007, 07:05 AM
    We had stormy relationship.We argued like many couples,but we had a very strong bond,and even after 31/2 years still talked all night and we're so happy when just the two of us were together.
    On four separate occasions she threw me out of her house because of disagreements(not arguements)On one occasion I had to sleep in my car as it was 3am and nowhere to go.
    Every morning on each occasion she would be on the phone apologising.I always accepted the apology,because I love her.We would go straight back to normal,as if it never happened(probably why she did it so often)Of course this is where I got my idea when she was out my way.Anyway I am not saying what I did was right,but why she can't forgive me,knowing she did the same to me 4 times.I know she truly loved me at the time.I just hoped that she would forgive me and want us to work things out.I treat her fantasticly.She admitted in the past that she causes a lot of our rows.Just can't believe our time is up,it doesn't feel right.The love is still there from my side,and I'm sure from hers.
    Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 07:28 AM
    So you decided to flip the script on her, since you had the upperhand, this time. So now you know she can dish it out, but can't take it. What you did was not cool, stooping to her level, but you learned something, and honestly you should not have taken her throwing you out, and weasling back to do it again, and again. This pattern of abuse is so unhealthy, and why you want more of the same is beyond me. Keep no contact and do the things you enjoy with people you enjoy. This ain't the love you want, or need.

Dec 6, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Thank you for your response.I realise that you are right.I should never have allowed her to treat me in that manner.It was immature of me to "copy" her.I know she has a lot of insecurity issues.I suppose it is best to let her deal with her demons.If she realises that we were both wrong,at least that's something.I will follow your advice and stay in NC.Your advice makes so much sense.God Bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not proud of it [ 1 Answers ]

o.k. this is going to be dumb but here I go I'm looking to find out if any one know how to or knows any one that know how to find out the address for rob meck he is the senior vice president of debt management for sallie mae student loans. When I was very young and dumb I took out two students and...

Cut off contact with woman to get her back? [ 50 Answers ]

I was involved in a relationship with a woman for 2 and a half years and she told me 2 months ago that she now just wants to be friends. Some background: during our entire relationship, I could never fully commit to her or return to her the love in the same way that she showed me. I remained hung...

Contact to boys of other woman [ 16 Answers ]

My husband had cheated.You can read some of it in an earlier thread.Now I observed him e-mailing her boys who are teenagers and have their own dad.My question is this;Is it too much to demand that he stop any contact not only with her but with her kids,too?As far as I see it is any contact with her...

How to initiate a conversation [ 12 Answers ]

I need a little advice and some opinions on this matter. I have been single for almost 5 months now, and although I am enjoying being single and recovering from a very serious relationship and difficult breakup, there are times I will see or meet a guy that I want to talk to, and maybe see where...

View more questions Search