Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Dec 2, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Why can't I access a certain site ?
    Anybody ever go to Yahoo answers ? When ever I go there an illegal operation sign pops up & closes it out. Anyone have any ideas why ? I should also mention that I'm using a 2000 HP with windows 98 that hasn't been refurbished since 2000.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    Anybody ever go to yahoo answers ? When ever I go there an illegal operation sign pops up & closes it out. Anyone have any ideas why ? I should also mention that I'm using a 2000 HP with windows 98 that hasn't been refurbished since 2000.
    Windows 98 is actually a fairly stable O/S. My guess is that you are using Internet Explorer. I see a number of different "glitches" in IE similar to what you are describing. I would recommend downloading and trying Firefox to see if that resolves the issue. Here is the link:

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

If the current version is not compatible with Win98, you can download older versions here:

Mozilla Firefox - OldVersion.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

Site where I can store a 4MB movie and have others access it [ 6 Answers ]

I remember someone posting a link to a site. I know about yousendit.com, was there another?

Not able to access Adobe site [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am wanting to download acrobate reader inorder to read pdf files when I try to go to the adobe site it tells me can not find server, but if I try to access the site from another PC it goes to the page with no problem. I am using windows 98 SE. Please help. Thank You CL

Web-site access [ 7 Answers ]

Hi folks, I am having a problem accessing a particular web-site. I can access the site for several consecutive days and then for no apparent reason I cannot pull the site up for several days. I don't believe it is a problem with the site as I was able to pull it up just a couple hours earlier...

View more questions Search