Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysteriousman Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 05:16 PM
    The break up.tell me!
    Me and my girlfriend.. broke up yesterday!

It was hard... she gave me the line "i had a bf, before you for 4yrs,then i had 3 weeks break, and i was wit you for 6 months, i need time too myself"

The thing is.. I believe her, its hard though! Like I know she isn't someone who will go hook other guys, now being single, she just wants time to herself, she's confused.. cos we broke up & we hung out for like 3hrs after.. like nothing happened?!

She said she loves me, and I love her.and I believe her, but she says she doesn't want to get my hopes up high, she's just very confused.. shes 18, I'm 19..

I'm not sure what to do, what's the etiquette, when she wants too see me so soon? Or we talk on msn? Or on the phone & text?

I want to be with her so bad.. cause they were the best 6 months of my life.. but she's confused & doesn't know what she wants, she said "she sees us together for a very long time, but is over relationship" contradiction much?

Last night.. we talked all night, during the day, we hung out & talked! I'm sure it wasn't me.. and its her, because she isn't someone who would break up and lie and say another reason.. we have such a good friendship, what does this mean? She wants to go too lunch tomorrow? Ugh!

Someone gimme some advice?
    Namaste Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Hi There,

Sounds like she needs to give you some time to regroup. In her "confusion", she forgot that hanging out with a recent ex who still wants you is not good for either of you. Either she wants to be with you, or she doesn't. If she broke up with you, maybe you could tell her to leave you alone for a while. I realize you are both quite young, so things like this really can be confusing. I have done this before, on both ends. Her condradictory statement shows that she wants the best of both worlds, but your best is now compromised.

Only you can decide what's best for you. However, what I hear you saying is that you want clarity. You may find it by setting a boundary. Let her know it is difficult to hang out when you supposedy broke up, and tell her to give you some space.

Best wishes. Let me know how it turns out.

Michelle :)
    Maddie24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 08:37 PM
    It sounds like she likes you a lot, but just give the situation time. Just wait it out, and before you go into the next relation decide on what you want out of it before confusing each other. Just becaue you are dating doesn't mean that you ever intend on marrying each other.

Dec 2, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Namaste
    Hi There,

Sounds like she needs to give you some time to regroup. In her "confusion", she forgot that hanging out with a recent ex who still wants you is not good for either of you. Either she wants to be with you, or she doesn't. If she broke up with you, maybe you could tell her to leave you alone for a while. I realize you are both quite young, so things like this really can be confusing. I have done this before, on both ends. Her condradictory statement shows that she wants the best of both worlds, but your best is now compromised.

Only you can decide what's best for you. However, what I hear you saying is that you want clarity. You may find it by setting a boundary. Let her know it is difficult to hang out when you supposedy broke up, and tell her to give you some space.

Time apart though... drift apart? I'm not sure.. first serious relationship, I know there will be plenty more girls! But atm.. I don't want more girls! I want her! Ahha...
    Namaste Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 10:35 PM
    You may drift apart, and you may find each other once again. But mixed messages will not help you heal, regardless of what the future holds. If she changes her mind, she can find you. But for now... what I am hearing is that she is not ready for a relationship. Do you really want to stay with someone who is unsure if they want to be with you?

I mentioned your age, because I know that I used to feel as though that one was IT, that I couldn't connect with anyone else in the same way. Well, I was right about the second part. Everyone comes into our lives for one reason or another... sometimes there is a lesson to be learned (most of the time, in fact). Other times, this person is meant to be your life partner, or soul mate. And then, there are times when you want them to be, but they just aren't IT.

I remember my first serious relationship. It was very special, to both of us. 15+ years later, he apologized for hurting me. Back then, it was devastating. I understand it's painful. I know you just want her. I know no one could convince me otherwise, and I am not about to do that to you. You need to find your path. So, blaze that trail! See what happens.

Michelle

Dec 3, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Namaste
    Hi There,

Again.. right at this moment, I don't see myself being away from her, even if its at friends.. we took so long to hook up in the first place, like we were friends.. good ones at that.. then when we started to go out, we became best friends! And now we have broken up.. she wants us to stay best friends, so do I.. I want more.. but I have to wait.. but I don't see myself having NC with her, she's just running through my head!
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Dec 3, 2007, 06:34 PM
    I wouldn't hang out like you are if you guys are broken up. She broke up with you and she should have to live with the consequences (ie you not being there anymore). You could be helping her ease her way out of the relationship by hanging out. When she finally decides she's ready to be completely free, you will be left hanging and it will hurt even more.

You clearly want more than she does. If you want a 'true' friendship to come out of this, you are going to have to disappear for a while until you have no feelings left for her. Truly gone, not 'maybe if I stay friends with her long enough she will fall back in love'.

Dec 5, 2007, 03:06 AM
    I'm ever so confused!
    I'm so bloody confused!

We just broke up 3 days... and I see her as my best friend, it was her decision to break up.. but I still think we could get bk togetha, because she needs time to find herself..

So we both decided to try hanging out as friends, chill.. like we did, before we went out!

Ugh.. not I'm not sure... we went to lunch, and I said OK well I'm going to go.. and she said I wanted to hang out... so we went to see a flick, then in my ear she drops me a line "u dont kno how hard it is, not to kiss you"! Am I spose to do.. then all of a sudden, those feelings which I hid so well, pop back up!

We then went to get icecream.. and the line "i just wanna cuddle you" comes up! Ahhaa

Does she want the best of both worlds?

Then I get 100 people who think they know what they talking about, when it comes to relationships, "you shouldnt see her" bla bla!

But who made those rules, that people can't be closer, after a break up?? Seriously!!

When I see her now.. I don't see her as a girlfriend, and as my best friend! I don't try to beg her back.. which I haven't done once! And yeah..

I see ourselves, hanging out heaps as friends.. we talk on the phone, trying to sort out "us" but I'm getting sick of the constant bombardment of people, trying to do this!!

I'm not sure what I want now.. as she saw my myspace.. and I had a comment from another girl, asking about our breakup, and she got so upset about it! Ugh!

What to do..
    randymandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Im Confused Now Too Xxx
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Dec 5, 2007, 05:13 AM
    You said it yourself when you said:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousman
    does she want the best of both worlds?
    She shouldn't have the power to break up with you, hang out with you just as friends, and then tell you bf/gf things like that she wants to kiss and cuddle you. No contact allows you to get some power back, and forces her to come to terms with what she wants... and what you want. She's only wishy-washy because you are letting her be. Lay down the law brutha!! Tell her to $hit or get off the pot!! :)
    Cher13 Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Sounds like she doesn't know what she wants either id just ask her what's going onand if she says I just want to be friends stop talking to her cause she's just messing with your mind
    catchmestacy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher13
    sounds like she doesnt know what she wants either id just ask her whats going onand if she says i just want to be friends stop talking to her cause shes just messing with your mind

I agree... I think she doesn't know what she wants. You obviously have feelings for her.
    So go have dinner with her , sit her down and ask her what she wants.Communicate that everything she says effects you only because you have a history.
    You never know what she really has on her mind until she tells you.
    However if she is selfish enough to keep hurting you you must do whatever is good for YOU!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 09:51 AM
    One thing for sure, as long as you are so available to her, you can't hang with anyone else can you. Hmmmmmm!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Dec 6, 2007, 10:00 AM
    3 days and all of this?

I'm surprised she actually saw you so soon afterwards, what was the purpose of taking time?

Usually getting back together or analyzing (obessesing as the case may be) what she is doing comes a little later than 3 days. I think its counterproductive to see each other and hang out so soon after the break up. You can't really take in all that's going on and examine your feelings after such a short time, and having the person around all the time is just delaying those feelings.

I would give her time or tell her if she wants time she actually has to TAKE it, or else what was it for?
    Miss Sparkle Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Seriously! Give it a go. Life is too short to wonder what might be. If you have a chance at happiness u should grab it with both hands. Getting back with an ex can be the best thing ul ever do
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Remind her that you two have broken up and that it was her idea, then stay away from her. NC!

Dec 9, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Girl problems continued.
    Hey guys

Not sure if you have read my other posts.. this is continued.. kinda!

Me and my ex, broke up a week ago, we broke up because she's had a boyfriend for a long time.. and needs time to herself, I found that fair enough?! She's 18.. im 19, I believe her reason, because we were so good together & we were best friends.

We then saw each other twice throughout the week, and just hung out.. talked etc... we then got influenced by friends and family. And said maybe its best, we don't be friends for a while? Its hard to comprehend.. but ill deal with it!

We maybe talk once a day since then, via text message.. but not voice!

Saturday night, she called me at 3.30am and 4.30am drunk as! And confessed her love for me, but she needed time, to sort herself out, and look after herself! I told her, I wasn't going to go into this conversation, when you are drunk, so we talked about each others night and left it... she then rang me an hour later, and said "u told me to call u at 4.30" I was like no, I didn't? She then replied "oh, must have been my imagination"... um... ok? Haha

Saturday night out with mates, didn't drink.. dont think it wouldve been the best thing to do, and my mate was trying to force me onto a couple of girls we met, real stunners, they were! I just couldn't do it.. one of them ,gave me their number, and I left and had an early night! Ugh! A week later.. and I couldn't do anything!

I guess.. the truth comes out when your drunk?

I'm stuck.. where I'm not sure what to do, because she has said this, do I back off still?

She goes to bali with her family in 2weeks.. maybe that time, is what she'll need? Relaxing setting, to figure herself out!

Time can be a good thing, I guess... but I told her a few days.. because she said she needs to get over me, to realise what she wants..

And I said "people normally fall out of love, not force themself out of love" I don't think you can force yourself out of it, so I'm not sure... she will always have a place in my heart, and ill just wait for closure or hope.. of something being resurrected, I guess?

Any opinions?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Ask her about what she said when she was drunk and tell her to have a nice vacation and think about what she wants and you will be there for her at least as a friend if nothing more when she comes back. Then let her make the next move (when she is sober).
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Stop conacting her and stop answering her calls, time to move beyond this confusion and drama. Never believe a drunk.

Dec 17, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Ugh continued.dilemmas!
    OK here's a quick low down.

Me and my ex, broke up two weeks ago!

Her reason, "shes had a bf for the past 4yrs, she loves me, but needs to find herself"

OK.. for the past two weeks, I've confided in a another girl.we have grown close, but I have still had a lot of contact with my ex.

This other girl has told me, I need to think, long and hard. About what I want, who I want, and what I want to do? And she cant, go through heartbreak, she isn't strong enough!

I really like her, she's cool, we talk. But me and my ex have been like this, for 3 or so years.. and I think we will get back together, in the future.. if not within weeks, maybe months!? I think to myself, my ex is my soulmate, we are best of friends, we never fought. Just this happened!

I don't want to hurt either of them. But I know that will happen... ugh dilemmas!

I especially don't want to hurt the new girl, if something does eventuate. But I know my ex, would find out about it, cause these things, have a way, of coming out!

What am I suppose to do..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After break-up [ 2 Answers ]

After break-up, I free myself finally because I cry less than before. When we were dating, every evening when I was alone, I felt unfairness and doubts but I knew I loved him, I couldn't do anything but cry until I felt tired and slept. Now my world loses a person, the past sadness no longer...

Break up [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 6 years has broke up with me and I am heartbroken. I have moved out and left her and my 2 dogs and miss them very much. She said she wanted space and a break. I pushed her away by contacting and eventually she told me never to contact again. We were going to try for a family and...

Should I Break Up With Her? [ 35 Answers ]

All right, my girlfriend was looking at her Facebook on my computer, she saw that she had a new message... and I asked her who it was from, she replied with "oh, i dont look at those messages" and quickly closed the window. I got on my computer right after and went on her Facebook while she was...

View more questions Search