Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaelforsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Closed college
    How can I get a transcript from a closed college?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Their files have been stored somewhere, probably at another college or university. Call your state's education office to find out where they are (if you are in the U.S.).
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
    To obtain a transcript from a school that has closed, contact the school's own state department of education. The transcripts themselves may be located at the department, or they may be maintained by another (open) school.

The U.S. Department of Education maintains a list of state licensing agencies (see below). These should be contacted for transcript information. If the agency does not have them, they should be able to direct you to whomever does.

In compliance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, which controls access to student records, organizations must have a written request from the student before copies of records can be issued. Official school transcript request forms signed by the student or personal letters of request are generally acceptable. A photo-copy of a student's signature will not be accepted. Generally, no requests for transcripts will be accepted by telephone, fax, or e-mail. When requesting, include the name of the school or college attended and the city/state in which it was located, the full name of the student as it appears in the student files, social security number, date of birth, dates of attendance, course of study, and the address to which the transcript should be mailed. Most require a fee, but that cost is determined by the organization.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Also I have found that you can do a Google search for a particular state's closed colleges - an example is this site about Michigan's closed colleges and where to get transcripts:
    MACRAO: MACRAO Index of Closed Colleges
    Paula45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 07:07 AM

Need help with a closed college that is not accredited . Was suppose to help me find employment for life still paying student loan there was no warning went to school one day and it was close and government sdtill wants there money when I was never able to find job in accounting field

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

Closed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I have a notification of birth registration with my mother and fathers name and signed by the director of public health. But when I went to get a birth certificate for a passport they told me my birth certificate was sealed or closed.. is there a way to get this straightened out with the county?

Closed adoption! [ 3 Answers ]

I was born in houston, my birthday is 8-19-85 and my birth mother I white my father is mexican. I don't know or how to find the hostpital I was born in to start looking. Please help my birth parents have grandchildren id like them to meet

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Closed in spaces? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it normal for young boys or children to enjoy being in tight spaces? Like closed boxes, duffel bags, storage totes, etc. My 8 yr old son does this a lot and someone told me it is a sign of autism. Could this be true?

View more questions Search