Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Da Posts: 195, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Kitch 123
    My 2003 6cyl Tacoma pick-up according to owners book calls for NGK-BKR5EKB-11 Plugs.
    Can I get a better NGK plug for my truck then stock? One that may give longer life?

Will NGK-BKR5EKPB-11 work?

Thanks John Da
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Your truck has what is called a waste spark system. 3 coils fire 6 plugs. Twice every 4 cycle. So, they're doing double duty!
    They have twin electrodes. A lot of people skimp and put cheaper plugs in there and they burn up more quick.
    Go factory OEM plugs! You will never be disappointed!

Dec 1, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Thanks Kitch--- You the man!!!!

Dec 2, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Kitch-------------- The reason I seem soon concerned is that I bought my Tacoma TRD, a year ago August,as a certified vehicle from Toyota. It had 43,000 when purchased,now has 55,500 miles.It had been a leased vehicle,and I want to start my own records as to all maintenance. I will have to get plugs replaced,tires rotated, how is GAS FILTER?? I use mostly stop-go driving,and I know this winter gas sucks,but mt mileage is ty also. Any thing else I should be doing?? Thanks for all your help, John.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Certified vehicles go through a 120 point check and have to be sold "as new" for the resale lot.
    That means they tuned it just before purchase. You will not need this for another 18K miles.
    As for the fuel filter, most of us that work for Toyota don't replace them anymore as Toyota tells us they are 'lifetime' filters. Hard to believe, but I have yet to see one fail in your model year Tacoma. All the new Toyota's have the filter in tank, now. That tells you something right there!

Dec 3, 2007, 05:35 AM
    thank You Again :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitch 423 --- Optima Battery [ 1 Answers ]

Kitch--- I have ordered a Optima redtop battery for my 2003 tacoma 6 cyl 4x4. I plan to replace it myself, will this cause any problem with the computer?? Believe me--- Don't want that. Thanks John Da.:confused:

View more questions Search