Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristy80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Cost of Goods Sold
    We have a cleaning lady that we pay with a check and she has a 1099 on file. For recording her in the general journal, would she be part of cost of goods sold:job related labor cost or would she be a business expense under janitorial?
    student 101 Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kristy80
    We have a cleaning lady that we pay with a check and she has a 1099 on file. For recording her in the general journal, would she be part of cost of goods sold:job related labor cost or would she be a business expense under janitorial?
    You are paying the lady she will be under wages or salaries expense
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Dec 1, 2007, 05:31 AM
    I am not sure but I think it will be like this:

It depends.

Is she working in the factory or plant?

If yes, her salary should go towards Labor or Factory Overhead.

If she works in other offices, then her salary becomes an administrative expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule Cost of goods manufactured and cost of goods sold [ 10 Answers ]

I am taking my first class in Accounting and I am having difficulties with my homework. I have the following problem, that I have done in several ways and I always get an answer that is greater that the correct one. These are the figures (in thousands of dollars): Direct Labor Cost: $10,500...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Cost of Goods Sold [ 9 Answers ]

Purchases $182,000 Transportation-In $11,000 Inventory, January 1 $26,500 Inventory, December 31 $28,800 Purchase Returns and Allowances $8,400 The amount reported as cost of goods sold on the income statement is? I say 182,300

Cost of Goods Sold [ 2 Answers ]

How do I calculate the cost of goods sold?

View more questions Search