Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tonyamattox's Avatar
    tonyamattox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 28, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Can I serve Alcohol Beverages at a Private Party
    I am thinking of having a private party in which I would like to serve Alcohol beverages. Can anyone tell me how I can do so without a liquor license? It will not be a cash bar, however, there will be a bar and a charge at the door to enter.
    charlotte234s's Avatar
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

    Nov 28, 2007, 03:20 PM
    You can ask people to donate to the fund for the liquor, but you can't force them to pay, that would be sale of liquor, and you need a liquor license for that. Also, you cannot serve to minors, that's highly illegal. Why not ask people to help out? BYOB?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7692

    Nov 28, 2007, 05:48 PM
    This is more a state by state situation, since these laws vary by state.
    For example this is done in GA for a lot of college parties, ( they hire off duty police to man the door, check IDs and be security)
    berrysweetncgurl's Avatar
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19
    Junior Member

    Dec 24, 2007, 12:03 PM
    I work for a hotel that rents out a banquet room (in NC) and I get this question quite a bit... while I don't know the exact answer... I do know that if you serve liquor or anything that comes from an ABC store that you will need to obtain a temporary ABC permit... you can apply for it at the ABC store and I think it takes a week or 2 to be mailed to you. You then have to post the temporary permit on each door that guests will be using to enter and exit. If you are serving beer or wine you do not need the ABC permit. Good Luck... have a good time at the party, and remember to collect car keys at the door!
    luckeysunshine's Avatar
    luckeysunshine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 7, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Can we serve alcohol for a toast at New Years Eve at a private party in the cluhouse of our mobile home park without a liquor license

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I serve "order to show cause" on other party? [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to file an Order to Show Cause. I was wondering if I need to contact a process server to serve the Order to the other side; or is it sufficient to send a certified return receipt letter. (This is a great website - thanks to all)

Private Room in Private Home [ 8 Answers ]

I am renting a room and bathroom to a tenant. I have problems with excessing use of the in-home washer and dryer. I have asked tenant to restrict laundry to once a week, but she has not adhered to this. When I leave for work, I turn the power breaker OFF to the Washer and dryer, but she has...

Selling/buying a car to/from a private party [ 3 Answers ]

I really appreciate if anybody can help me by answering the following... 1) When you sell a car to a private party, what do you need to do? > a)Do you just need to sign on the title and give it to the buyer? > b)Do you need to go to a office to cancel the registration/tag/license plate? >...

Unauthorized Charge on card and release of private information to a third party [ 1 Answers ]

I have been out of work due to illenss and my storage unit was in arrears, when I called to see how much I owed I was told the account was current I asked how and she said it was paid for on my credit card, I told the rep that I did not have a credit card and she looked it up and said it was the...

View more questions Search