Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LJGardner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 11:52 AM
    How do I relinquish my parental rights?
    I am a man out of work and being sued for child support my child does not want anything to do with me and the mother will not accept anything less than the full amount of support she is trying to get my probation revoked on the basis that I did not make the full payments from June of 07 until now. I made the full payments until then. I do not wish to have any further contact with either of them. Incidentally she lives in Missouri and I live in Utah...
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Sorry... you're out of luck.

You cannot willingly relinquish your parental rights unless the mother is in agreement and there is someone willing to adopt the child in your place.

Better focus your attn on getting a job and paying your support before it winds you up in jail.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2007, 12:16 PM
    I suggest you spend some time reading the many, many other threads in this forum on this issue. You will learn that relinquishing rights has to be granted by a court and courts rarely grant it unless its to clear the way for an adoption. Its never granted just to let you off the hook for support.

What you can do is file for a modification in the support agreement on the grounds of unemployment. At least that will stop the arrears from piling up if granted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquish Parental Rights [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son that I have had custody of, he has been ticketed and arrested 3 times in the past 4 months for drug usage and has had my now 10 year old try marijuana, I have sent him to live with Dad since this last arrest. I do not want my son to return to my home, I am afraid my...

Relinquish parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My life partner and I have been together for 23 years. We are now ready to bring a child into our lives. We have chosen a dear friend to be the donor for artificial insemination. We have asked him to relinquish all rights including financial responsibility to which he has consented. What legal...

I want to relinquish my parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

I am a man in albuquerque New Mexico who would like to give up my parental rights, is that possible?

Relinquish parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

His ex-girlfriend is trying to get more money out of him for child support. He is already tapped out. He feels if he gives her any more money he won't have anything to give his little girl when he has her. He feels that if she gets more money out of him that he will have to give his daughter up...

Relinquish parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My step son-in-law says he is going to give up complete rights to his children. The mother would have sole responsibility. Can he do that in Mississippi?

View more questions Search