Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdhtarp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 04:20 AM
    English 2001 mid term exam
    I am currently preparing for a midterm exam that will require me to read a brief story, write an essay from my own observation and experience to support my interpretation of the story.I will have 3 hrs to complete a handwritten 4-5 page essay.I have no clue what the subject matter is. My question is this; What type of stories are common in this type of exam?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Hello, cdhtarp!

If I were in your shoes, then I would be concentrating more on what types of things you would look for to include in an essay and how an essay is written. That way, you will be prepared for whatever type of story you are given for which you need to write an essay.

You also might find some things in the following search to be helpful to you.

Writing an Essay - Google Search

Dec 1, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hello, cdhtarp!

If I were in your shoes, then I would be concentrating more on what types of things you would look for to include in an essay and how an essay is written. That way, you will be prepared for whatever type of story you are given for which you need to write an essay.

You also might find some things in the following search to be helpful to you.

Writing an Essay - Google Search
    Clough,
    I will be given one essay question after reading the brief story. Can you provide me with some sample questions so I may practice writing essays? This will help me tremendously.
    Thanks,
    cdhtarp

Dec 1, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Clough,
    I will be given one essay question after reading the brief story. Can you provide me with some sample questions so I may practice writing essays? This will help me tremendously.
    Thanks,
    cdhtarp
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 04:42 AM
    I don't know what type of stories might be included in your exam. I can only guess at that, because I am not your teacher. However, I did find some questions for essays related to the works of Edgar Allen Poe. Do you have the works of Poe? If you don't, can you easily obtain them ?

Dec 1, 2007, 06:43 AM
    The course I am enrolled in is from LSU Independent Study.I mail my essays to my instructor and she grades them and sends them back. The exam will cover: downshifting,causal analysis essay, parallelism and first imitative response, two imitative responses,and first person narrative. This is an expository writing course and we have not covered any poetry or literary works. Essays that I have written prior to mid-term include; who I am,character sketches,revising an essay about television and it's chief abuses,cause and effect essay on the baby boom generation,childhood experiences(imagery), and an experience in life that changed my outlook on life.
    Thanks,
    cdhtarp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Investment interest and term, amortization for 5 yr term [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I invest 10,000 into a secure low risk investment for a 5 year term at compound interest, could anyone advise me of which bank to use and what my return is per year compounded. Thank you!

Entry in US wihtout english exam [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I'm kalpesh patel here.. I have done my MBA.. I want to do any course of 6 month in USA>.. I don't want to give gre or any english test exam.. so give me the name of college where I can do course.. I wann join course in June or July 2007... so tell me fast.. Kalpesh

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search