Can you roof over metal roofing in Ohio thanks
    Can you roof over metal roofing
    british bill Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 07:48 PM
    What with? What type of metal roofing?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 02:58 AM
    I had a typical corrugated roof on my barn/home and used 7/16 inch OSB over the top, screwed it in and felted/shingled over it almost 15 years ago now, no problem.

*Note: In a lightning storm this became a conductor and lightning rods are recommended.

I also did this in PA to a Very large barn,non-habitable building(Ag) but nailed the OSB down,screwing the corners/high spots with same results.

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metal Roof Construction [ 8 Answers ]

A contractor is putting on a metal roof for me but I have an issue I hope someone can answer I have a hip roof(4sided roof that meets as a common peak)... The metal where the roofs meet at each of the four corners have gaps running from the bottom of my roof to the top.. They say the ridge...

IB Roofing (pvc) vs. CertianTeed Roofing [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between these two roofing materials. I am in charge of having a roof replaced for our city council. We have had several contractors come in and give us estimates and its down between these two. Both are at the same cost. This is going on a building with a flat...

Metal Roof Valley Flashing [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to reroof over shingles with metal on a house that has 4 valleys. What is the best way to Flash the valleys and end the metal panels at the valleys. How far should the flashing extend under the panels? Should I use modified roofing under the metal in the valleys. How should I attach the...

100 yr old metal roof [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks - I have a 100 year old metal roof. It's rusty but the metal is thicker than what they use now and there are no holes or areas where the rust is by any means close to eating through the metal. I have been told by a few roofers that I need a whole new roof. I thought there might be a...

View more questions Search