Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauldebmo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Do you know what this pill is?
    Inquire about aperscription drug, white barrel shaped MYLAN written on one side 1155on the other.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Why do you want to know about it, you should talk to your doctor that prescribed it, or at least the druggest where you got it from.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 07:38 PM
    I quote our wise member Clough...

Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I would like to help you in identifying the pill. But, ethically, I don't think that would be a wise choice on my part.

I would suggest checking out the information that you might find on the following site or take it to a pharmacist for identification and disposal. The site below is good, but not foolproof. But, to be sure, I would take it to a pharmacist. Anyone answering you here runs the risk of the ramifications if they answer and are incorrect no matter what you say the reason or reasons are as to why you are asking.

Below, is the site to which I am referring:

Pill Identifier - Drugs.com

I don't know what the pill is. I don't know you and you don't know me. I could say the pill was something that it is not. What might happen next? What if the information you have been given here is incorrect? Maybe the pill is something harmless? I don't know. What if you decided to believe what I said is true and then you take the pill and something bad happens to you because you have taken it when I have said that it is something harmless? What if I was really wrong and the pill could turn out to be something deadly to you if you took it, or you said that you asked an "expert" on this online site who said that they were really sure of what the pill was and that you should not worry about going any further with trying to identify the pill? There are people who answer that way on this site. Please see information about that on the following link if you have any doubt as to people actually acting like theirs is the last word on the identification of a pill.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...ll-144678.html

Reliable pharmacists are usually very easy to find around where you live, and can visit with you and see the pill first hand.

I'm not a pharmacist and I'm not going to pretend that I'm some sort of expert at identifying pills. So, unless someone is a pharmacist here and has actually seen the pill that you have found and is truly sure of the reason or reasons as to why you are asking, even though they are trying to be kind and think that they are answering in your best interests, it is not in your best interests or in the best interests of any person here who thinks that they have the correct answer for you because of the possible ramifications when being incorrect when giving out such information.
    TzAngels Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:47 PM
    I think the above answer is probably th best one and I am sorry I didn't think about it further before my prior post.

Tz
    Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TzAngels
    From what I can find an oblong pill with MYLAN on one side and 1155 on the other is that is a generic Darvocet. I wouldn't advise taking it without a prescription or consulting a doctor.

Tz
    I don't mean to sound rude, but exactly how do you know this? It is unadvisable to post what you THINK is the med as you don't know the intent of the OP. Do you know for sure this is the med? Do you know for sure that this is the parent who found the drug? Or could it be a child who was given the drug by a friend?

You may be right, you may be wrong... But if this person decides to take the med, and that was NOT what it was, and there was a reaction, you could be held responsible. Is this what you want?
    Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Clough agrees: Hey, thanks J_9! That was cool! :)
    No, Cough, you are cool... You have perfectly put into words what I have always wanted to say here!!

I hope you don't mind me quoting you.
    TzAngels Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Thank you for your post and for "waking me up"; I sincerely appreciate AND if you hadn't quoted my ORIGINAL post, it would be gone because after reading your post and processing what you quoted, I edited my original post to agree with your post. Thanks again for provoking thought and you don't have to worry about my making that mistake again.

By the way, I googled MYLAN 1155.

Tz
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    No, Clough, you are cool.....You have perfectly put into words what I have always wanted to say here!!!!

I hope you don't mind me quoting you.
    No, I don't mind you quoting me at all. Thank you, again! I think that it's great that we, as members here, can all use each other as resources! That's part of what makes this site so cool and a valuable asset to people! Teamwork! :)

It would seem to me, that the benefits of not identifying pills on this site far outweigh the far-reaching, potentially negative consequences of people making, although well-intentioned, guesses as to what a pill is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

Pill id [ 1 Answers ]

I need to id a lavender round pill that has the letter g and 163 on it

Urgent !do I need to take another pack or Pill 72/mornin afta pill [ 10 Answers ]

Hi , Some experts out der let me know, If u make love at night like about 2 am, and have an pill 72 after getting up at 10.30 am,as soon as you take the pill if you happen to have sex once more(with in like 30 minutes from taking the pill) So twice having sex... PLEASE LET ME KNOW... if...

My mom has proplems with takeing pill like pain pill and stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I found this pill it is pink oval pill on one side it has a S on it the other side as numbers 8667 with a spilt line to.I would ask her but I don't want me not trusting her driving her back to them.I will trow the pill a way onces I find what it is so please help let me know if is is some kind of...

What pill is this? Yellow Oval Pill [ 2 Answers ]

The pill is a yellow and oval on one side it has 650 on the other side it is either O M or W O, What is this pill used for.

View more questions Search