Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sailorbuoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Buying back real estate after it is sold at public auction
    Is is possible for a homeowner to buy back their home after they defaulted on bankruptcy terms and their house was sold at public auction? Are there exceptions to buying back foreclosed properties outside of the upset bid process after the property was sold at public auction?
    jhessley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorbuoy
    Is is possible for a homeowner to buy back their home after they defaulted on bankruptcy terms and their house was sold at public auction? Are there exceptions to buying back foreclosed properties outside of the upset bid process after the property was sold at public auction?
    Redemption rights are active until the property is sold at auction,after it is sold your rights are terminated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2007, 06:12 PM
    If you can afford to purchase the property after its sold at auction, why would you let it go that far?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 06:36 PM
    There is no "right" to buy back property at bankruptcy or foreclosure sales, at bankrutpcy, you are agreeing to sell the house to pay your debts, it is not normally a forced sell.

Only in TAX sales where the property is sold for taxes owed, ( and then only in some states) do you have any redemption rights that I am aware of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying Real Estate if the Job has me relocating every 3-4 yrs [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a job where I have to relocate every 3-4 years. In this scenario does it make sense to buy real estate for that short a time?

Buying investment real estate and renting it to myself [ 5 Answers ]

Just wondering... Is it legal to buy a small house, put the property in an LLC, and rent it to myself under another LLC? I am self employed in sales. While a lot of people in my field work out of their house, I chose to rent a small office. Rather than keep paying rent and see the money go...

View more questions Search