Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdaddymvr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 11:25 PM
    TDC Timing Marks for 1987 2.0 Honda Accord
    I'm having troble locatong the correct timing mark on the crankshaft of my Honda.
    Can somebody offer me some helpful hints and or advice
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 25, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Are you referring to the harmonic balancer timing mark where you would point a timing light or are you tearing into it and doing a timing belt so you need the marks on the crankshaft timing gear?

http://search.ebscohost.com/

Type in USER and PASSWORD to gain access. Use these very same words.

Go to the very bottom of the home page, last link.

Drill down to your car and year and both of the questions I had will show pictures, I found both in one minute, I can not link directly to the exact page within the website, it does not work that way for that site.
    bigdaddymvr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Yes, I am doing a timing belt and I am referring to the mark on the crankshaft timing gear.
    I can really use some help!
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 25, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Honda-Tech.com: Honda Accord: How-To: Replace Timing Belt, Timing Balancer Belt and Water Pump on a F22B1

Step #18, click on the pic and it will expand bigger, you probably have to clean things up a bit, are you changing the cam and crank and balancer shaft (if applicable) oil seals. Are you changing the tensioner and idler pulleys. When you pull off the timing covers, are there rubber seals on the back side where the covers touch the block, clean them up and RTV the seals back onto the timing covers now so the RTV has time to dry before reassembly.

With the crank gear lined up, the #1 piston should be at top dead center, just in case your car is not exactly like this picture tutorial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord TDC Sensor [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2L sedan with an annoying little problem. The check engine light is on and the motor will absolutely not rev past 3500RPM despite the fact that it should be able to hit 6500RPM during hard acceleration (passing cars, fast 0-60, etc.) and exceed 3500RPM at speeds...

Honda crx Timing belt marks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have owned my 90 honda crx si d16a6 for almost 10 years now and have put 3 engines 1 tranny and long list of parts into this machine. No matter what I do it, no matter how challenging it seems, the one thing that seems to be an issue are the damn timing belt marks. Countless...

1987 Honda Accord~Its Smoking you [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I had my radiator flushed and a new radiator cap and hoses put on this past week on my 1987 Accord This morning I drove to work in it and when I put it in park it idled VERY high up to 2000 rpm's I seen smoke coming out of my defroster vents and when I popped the hood there was a hose...

1987 Honda accord lxi cranks but no start [ 1 Answers ]

Fuel system OK,ignition coil checked OK but noticed a weak tiny yellow spark from the spark plug cables if placed near the ground while cranking the engine.I removed the ignitor and checked for ohms continuity.The repair manual book says short 2 terminals w/ a jumper wire,set ohmeter to x100 and...

Honda Accord 92 timing belt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I bought Honda Accord 92 from Carmax at 68,000 miles. It is now 102,000 miles. Is the timing belt due at this time. I am not sure if the previous owner changed the timing belt or not. Thanks Jay

View more questions Search