Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skarsan34 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Proper diet
    I weigh about 230 pounds I do not eat fast food I eat frozen food and I eat fruit and I walk the dog are these proper lifestyle? I am really active
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Frozen prepared or processed food contains many preservatives so they are best to avoid. Frozen fruits and vegetables are better than canned because they do not have the enzymes cooked out of them. It is best to switch to sea salt and cook homemade meals. There are many good recipes for people who don't have time to cook or don't like to cook.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 09:45 AM
    You should also watch your portion sizes, you can be eating really healthy but if you are eating enough for two people you will still eat more calories than you burn causing weight gain. NHLBI-Portion Distortion Quiz

Also consider a trip to the doctors to make sure there is not a hormonal reason for you weight, for example hypothyroidism. They will also be able to advise you on your diet, put you in contact with a nutrionist.

People also tend to overestimate the amount of exerscise they actually do. Exercise Calorie Calculator
    You should aim to do 30mins of moderate exercise (that leaves you slightly breathless) a day.

If you want ot get fit and lose weight I would really recomemend a martial art, they really give you a good work out. With someone making you work you tend to work harder, well that's the case with me anyway!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Proper for Squats [ 3 Answers ]

Hey could someone tell me whether it's a good idea to hold position in mid-squat? And if so what would be the safe duration? Also I read somewhere that when performing a squat the knees should not get past the toes. Is this humanly possible?

Proper Thank You [ 5 Answers ]

Hello~ My 13 yr old daughters friend and family has taken her on an all expense paid 4 day trip to Disneyland including an hours air faire. They are paying for EVERYTHING including an expensive hotel stay. How do I possible thank them for this?:confused:

Proper venting [ 1 Answers ]

Can a new bathroom, toilet, sink, and shower be vented through an existing 1 1/2" vent? The bathroom will be in the basement, and the vent is part of kitchen on the first floor. Would a 2 1/2" better, or can I use what I have if I tie into the vent above the kitchen sink ? Thank you... Rick

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

View more questions Search