Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtl0828 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Our Carrier Furnace Combustion Air Inducer Not Rotating
    It's Saturday night, no luck with finding a service repair guy. It looks like our Carrier White Rodger 36E furnace air inducer rotation is not spinning when we attempt to turn on the heater. The rotation wheel makes a loud grinding sound, we try to help it spin, it goes a little, but then stops. We tried the on/off switch it lights the furnace for a few seconds but than stops. The red indicator light gives us error "BLOWER ON AFTER POWER UP (blower runs for 90 seconds if unit is powered up during a call for heat R-W closed)... does this mean we definitely need a service repairman or can we do anything to help ourselves fix it?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Read all of this thread. You might be able to lube your motor.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ld-155440.html
    mtl0828 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Read all of this thread. You might be able to lube your motor.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ld-155440.html
    Hey hvac100, lubricating did the trick!! Thanks, we have HEAT! - mtl0828
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 09:44 PM
    You are a fast worker. You should be in the biz. LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Combustion Air for Carrier Weahermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

My mother, in Minnesota, has a Carrier Weathermaker 8000. The installer ran a fresh air intake from the outside of the house and down along the side of the furnace, to about 12" above the floor. It spills cold air into the house even when the furnace isn't operating. Should this have been...

Air conditioner, blower fan speed with carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

The fan speed does not adjust when the air conditioner is on . Is this normal ? If I turn the set temp up high enough the air conditioner turns off and the adjustability returns. Auto, low, medium and high all work. When I set the temperature back down so the air conditioner turns back on the...

Carrier heating/air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

We have a carrier gas furnace which is only about 5yrs old. The fan is not turning on the unit outside and it has begun making a loud noise but its working fine as far as heating the house. What could be the problem and would it cost a lot to fix. Thanks for any help.

Makeup Combustion Air for furnace [ 5 Answers ]

I have just finished my basement and my furnace is now in a room about 20 x 20. I had installed double doors (solid not vented) to enter the room which is also being used for storage. My question is do I need to add some kind of makeup air for combustion by installing a grill in the wall? ...

View more questions Search