Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BuckFanOH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Faucet Doesn't Work After Using Hand Sprayer
    I'll apoligize now as I'm probably not using the right words for this. My kitchen sink has a faucet with a single handle. I also have a pull-out hand sprayer next to the faucet, which is connected to the faucet by a hose underneath the sink. Typically, after I use the hand sprayer, the faucet does not work. I can move the faucet handle up and down and sometimes that will work and get the water flowing, otherwise I have to tap/slam the hand sprayer in order to get water coming out of the faucet again. When I get water flowing through the faucet again by playing with the handle, it is typically accompanied by a rumbling sound, as if someone was opening and closing the water valve below the sink.

Hope I didn't lose anyone in my ramblings above. So my question is, is this an easy fix? If not, is it something that is typical in hand sprayers? I've taken about the hand sprayer already, but didn't see anything that looked clogged or stuck. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
    From the moment you turn on your faucet the spray head and spout's pressurized. Water comes out the spout and the only thing keepingwater from coming out the sprayer is the shut off in the handle. Now you turn on the sprayer and the diverter snaps shut to close off the spout and allow you to use the spray attachment. This is how a faucet with a sprayer works.
    It sounds like the diverter's stuck or clogged with trash. The diverter's located under the spout in front. Remove the handle and spout retaining nut. Pull the spout up and the diverter should be right in front of you. Good luck, Tom
    szwalch Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFanOH
    I'll apoligize now as I'm probably not using the right words for this. My kitchen sink has a faucet with a single handle. I also have a pull-out hand sprayer next to the faucet, which is connected to the faucet by a hose underneath the sink. Typically, after I use the hand sprayer, the faucet does not work. I can move the faucet handle up and down and sometimes that will work and get the water flowing, otherwise I have to tap/slam the hand sprayer in order to get water coming out of the faucet again. When I get water flowing through the faucet again by playing with the handle, it is typically accompanied by a rumbling sound, as if someone was opening and closing the water valve below the sink.

Hope I didn't lose anyone in my ramblings above. So my question is, is this an easy fix? If not, is it something that is typical in hand sprayers? I've taken about the hand sprayer already, but didn't see anything that looked clogged or stuck. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    I'm having the same problem but I can't figure out how to get the handle off! It's a single handle and there's no visible screws - I don't want to break it. How do you get them things off?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 13, 2008, 06:59 AM
    SZ,
    I can't figure out how to get the handle off! It's a single handle and there's no visible screws - I don't want to break it. How do you get them things off?
    F it has a plastic insert on the handle the insert simply pry it off. If not then there's a set screw on the handle shank somewhere. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Faucet Sprayer On - Main Faucet not totally off [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a new house - new construction. When we use the sprayer in the kitchen faucet, water comes out the sprayer as it is supposed to, but the water does not completely shut off in the main faucet. There is still a thin column of water coming out. We had the faucet replaced, and this...

Kitchen sink faucet and sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem I turn on water in kitchen sink and no water but the sprayer works I have taken it apart as far as I could figure out how to but still no water out of faucet

Faucet has no pressure, but sprayer does? [ 6 Answers ]

My kitchen faucet is about 6 months old and has worked great until today. It was on and working and I used the sprayer to rinse a dish. When I released the trigger on the sprayer, the faucet was putting out very little water. I have played with the sprayer and even removed and reinstalled it. ...

Faucet sprayer leak in hose [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new... I'm usually handy but I out of my league on this one. Does anyone know how to fix/replace the inner hose in the metal coil housing(? correct name)

View more questions Search