Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Good thing that she didn't get mad at you...
    Not So Innocent Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Nope she didn't
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Hm... glad she was concerned about your health.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    nauticalstar420 really does know her stuff about these kinds of things! I am glad that she is on this site! She is one of those people who help to make this site the best one on the Internet to find answers! :)
    Thank you Clough! You are always so nice! :)

Not So Innocent - I'm glad your mom knows now. Hiding things from your parents usually doesn't turn out well. Good luck with your piercing and I hope it turns out okay. :)

Nov 26, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Thanks.. I have been cleaning it like you said and it works since its still new is hurts a lot and I never know if its really clean so I just trust my instinces
    cheeree325 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
    You definitely need to listen to the piercer. You can actually irritate the tissue if you clean too often. You can also dry it out. Try not to sleep on that side if you are a side sleeper. I was a piercer in a tattoo shop and the best way to clean it would be with sea salt and warm water. Just a pinch of sea salt in a cup of warm water. Put your ear in the cup and kind of tilt your head. The sea salt has a natural drawing agent that will pull all of that junk out of your ear. Just remember not to touch your piercing unless you have washed you hands. Also, don't twist it if you get buildup around it. You can damage tissue. Remember, cartilage piercers take a lonnnng time to heal. Good Luck!
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Innocent
    thanks.. i have been cleaning it like u said and it works since its still new is hurts alot and i never know if its realy clean so i just trust my instinces

If you clean it with antibacterial soap, its clean. You don't have to worry about if its clean or not. :)

Like the person before me said, don't twist the jewelry when the "crusties" are dry; wait until they are wet and preferably removed.. THEN twist the jewelry. Good luck and let me know if you have any more concerns. :)

Nov 26, 2007, 06:34 PM
    I do have another concern.. I know I'm not supposed to twist it and I don't unless its wet... like after I wash it I twist it once or twice then leave it alone..

If I get bumbed or something hits me and my ear hurts what do I do to stop the pain? Is there anything I can do.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Take some ibuprofen. This will take away any pain and/or swelling that may occur if you bump it.
    cheeree325 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Or you can hold some ice on it. I have a cartilage piercing that is still healing and I have had it for quite awhile. But, you should never twist it. Clean it however you prefer and then wipe the gunk away with a sterile cue-tip.
    jfowx22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
    I just got mine yesterday and they said turn it 2x a day and clean at least twice so you can clean it whenever
    jfowx22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 09:32 PM
    But don't over do it & I heard sea salt helps it heal
    tressa1984 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 08:12 PM

Hi all I got my cartilage done back in the end of oct and it did'nt hurt but now its like red and really sore and fever to it their were some lumps so I took them out and just a coulpe of week I put them back in it was like butter no pain is this good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I...

Cartilage Piercing [ 16 Answers ]

Is this piercing okay to do with a peircing gun?:D

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

Cartilage Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got a third lob and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

View more questions Search