Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nomuff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Can't light the pilot on my mobile home furnace
    Please help me to light my pilot on my coleman furnace?
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 23, 2007, 08:18 PM
    First you need a electronic match the longer the better or a lighting stick that has a clip on the end one that telescopes out use 2 matches at once one a little longer than the other light the longest as you put through the hole to light the pilot the second match should light all this time you should have the valve to pilot and be pushing down on it once the pilot is lit hold down for about a minute then release if it stays great if not you may have a bad thermocouple or a bad valve if it lights the main burner then goes out after the first cycle it maybe a dirty pilot or you could have a cracked heat exchanger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace pilot light not working [ 9 Answers ]

My house furnace pilot light not working although repeated several times restart procedures. Not sure what caused this problem.

How do I light the pilot on a gas furnace? [ 8 Answers ]

Yesterday I turned on the furnace and it worked. Today I just hear a click when I turn the thermostat, but no ignition. What should I do?:mad: :mad:

Pilot light on propane furnace won't light [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! This is a little long, please bear with me... Two days ago we woke up to a very cold house, and upon investigation found that the pilot light on the furnace had gone out. Searched around, didn't smell much gas - so we tried to re-light it. Well, it lit and stayed lit (and we got the...

Furnace won't come on unless you blow on the pilot light [ 2 Answers ]

We have a older rheem gas furnace with a honeywell 3300 thermostat. When we turn on the furnace, the pilot comes on, but does not ignite the furnace. However, if you blow on the pilot light, it lights right up. But you have to do this every time. When the temperature in the house gets cold,...

View more questions Search