Ask
    carly381 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Young marriage ?
    Is 13 too youg to be engaged ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 11:40 AM
    You can't legally do it but your first step is for both of you to talk to your parents about it not ask anonymous strangers on an internet website.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 01:30 PM
    13 is too young for anything except being a kid. Do you want to have children at 14? Society today is forcing children to grow up at an alarmingly fast rate. 20 or even 25 is not too young. Get an education, get your finances in order, date and have fun. Marriage is hard work if you want it to last.
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Nov 21, 2007, 01:38 PM
    13 is way to young. You will change all your thoughts and ideas for what you want in life in a few years. but at 13 you will make up your own mind. I was engaded at 16 stayed with the person till I was 20 the reason we broke up was cause my idea of life changed and what I wanted was different. But there is no harm in what your doing its not like your going to get married. Just remmber you have your whole life to live yet.
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 21, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I would say wait 'till your about 14-15 then do it before that ask each other about it and talk about how you both feel and if you want to or not, its your life no one is going to stop you from doing it (thy WILL try though but if you love them you can do what the you want) :)
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Comment on mackythehacker's post
    Poster does not know how to write english. Short hand is fine for text messaging but not here.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 02:52 PM
    13 is too young to date! An get engaged to who? Someone who is also 13 and can barley afford McDonalds let alone a wife.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mackythehacker
    i would say wait 'till ur bout 14-15 then do it b4 tht ask each other about it and talk about how u both feel and if u want to or not, its ur life no1 is goin to stop u from doing it (thy WILL try tho but if u luv them u can do what the u want) :)
    I meant to give a reddie, this agree with this. When your parents are footing the bill for you, you can't do what you want.
    Get engaged when you can afford to pay for a wedding.
    At 13, you should not even be dating
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I'd definitely say so! So much is going to happen to you between now and when you're old enough to seriously consider marriage, you'll be a completely different person by then. Why the rush to be engaged at 13?
    305daydreamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Hay man its not really good to get married at a young age. I not telling you not to do it but one day after you are engaged you are going to want someone else and your too tied down to get that person so if you do get married its going to hurt you or the person your going to marry when you get older.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 06:50 PM
    What country are you from? In some countries, 13 is considered a engageable age. So which society are you using for the standard?

Nov 22, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    What country are you from? In some countries, 13 is considered a engageable age. So which society are you using for the standard?
    I'm from the uk
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 08:54 AM
    I would think that 13 is too young to be engaged in the UK. What self respecting parent would allow this?

Nov 23, 2007, 03:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I would think that 13 is too young to be engaged in the UK. What self respecting parent would allow this?
    My Mum Doesn't Know... Or His ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carly381
    My Mum Doesnt Know ... Or His ?
    That would be a big problem. There should be nothing to hide. Your parents would want to know your boyfriend and share in your happiness.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Are you serious?! Yes, 13 is way to young to be getting "engaged". I remember back in the day, guys would give their girl a promise ring, but talking of an actual engagement at this age was unheard of. Be patient... your time will come sooner than you think... don't rush it.
    A question of concern is, when you "get engaged", are you two going to be able to provide for yourselves? No, because you aren't old enough to work. Again, take your time... keep your virginity... worry about your school grades... go to college... then think about marriage.
    I don't mean to sound harsh, it just kills me that a 13yo girl is even having thoughts about this kind of subject. At your age I was not even interested in boys.. just my friends and toys.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Are you crazy? Do you understand what happens when you get married? You have sex. What 13 year old thinks about sex? And babies to add to that! You are not respnsible at 13 to buy a house, have sex and raise children. You are still a child yourself!

Nov 27, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Comment on mjl's post
    Its Just Engagement It Will Be Years Brfore Actually GettingMarried !
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 27, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Than why don't you just get a promise ring?
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Nov 27, 2007, 07:28 PM
    When I was 7 I was engaged for a few seconds then married right away. We never had a honey moon ‘cause my mom made me come in to take a bath. The next day we divorced ‘cause he threw my Barbie in a mud hole. My marriage to him seemed to last forever! Seven is defiantly too young to get engaged or married but 13 might be ok… just don’t let him touch your Barbie dolls!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young marriage? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I have seen this question on here a few times, so Im sorry about this, but I just need some advice. Im stressing out... okay... Im 19 years old, in University, pursuing a goal... my fiancé is 25 years old, finishing his grade 12 then going to college. He has a criminal record, and has just...

Is 20 too young for Marriage? [ 30 Answers ]

I've been going out with my girlfriend for about 3 months, and we're pretty serious. I know it's cliché, but I've never felt this way about a girl before, and she's said the same to me. We both said 'those three words' to each other about a month in, and now we're talking about marriage and...

Young marriage in trouble [ 9 Answers ]

I was 18 when I had my daughter and was married a few weeks later. My husband has just told me that he likes someone he works with. I went through the same thing myself but got over it quickly. He is having a harder time and has told me he doesn't want to be with me. We have been together 4 years...

Am I too young to even think about marriage? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. I am eighteen and I am really confused about how I feel for my boyfriend. I know that I am extremely young to even be having seriuos thoughts; however, I really feel as if I have found the right one. I think my boyfriend coud be the man that I spend the rest of my life with. We have been...

Young rocky marriage [ 4 Answers ]

When I was 18 I got married. Right before the wedding things were up and down mostly I thought because of the stress of the wedding and dealing with family, etc. they were just little arguments nothing major. We moved in next door to my husbands parents because they gave us a piece of land. Things...

View more questions Search