Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Dec 1, 2007, 07:56 AM
    I would like to order a Zombie and complain to the bartender as to HOW FREAKING STUPID people are. I only answer appliance questions (thankfully) but I read some of the other questions and I cannot understand why people do not pick their asses up off the computer chair and take themselves to the doctor (or their pets for that matter). I am shocked as to some of the inquiries I have seen. I understand that money may be an issue sometimes but jeez oh flipping katie (I'll have another Thank You), I just read a post by some idiot woman who asked if her water broke. Ya idiot, that is why you have an OB! Call your OB, go to the hospital, don't sit on the freaking internet and ask people who are 100's and 1000's of miles away from you who may not be able to respond to you in a timely manner!! You would risk the life of your unborn child to get a Free answer on the internet when your local hospital has, I don't know, Doctors nearby who can actually help you in person! (Yes I will have that shot of Stoli Thanks). I am a firm believer in the power of information and the internet but gosh, hmm, should I kill my unborn child because I'm to lazy to tear myself away from the computer and go to the doctor when I have a serious medical issue? This woman should have the baby taken away from her NOW! She clearly isn't going to care for it once it is born because she is going to be sitting on the internet. I can see her next question already. "My baby won't stop crying" our response "when was the last time you fed or changed it"? Her reply "Am I supposed to do that? What should I use? Why can't it use the toilet on it's own and find the refrigerator if it's hungry"?

Why is it called "Common Sense" if it isn't so common any more?

"Thank You bartender, I'll settle my bill now and here is a nice fat tip for listening to me complain. Could you do me one more favor? Call me a cab? I have more sense then to have 2 drinks and a shot that close together and drive".
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Lol!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Lol, lot of chest spilling in that post. Oh my.

Well weekend is here, just dropping in for a quick one. Then I am off to do more chores. Lol
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by applsvcgirl
    I would like to order a Zombie and complain to the bartender as to HOW FREAKING STUPID people are. I only answer appliance questions (thankfully) but I read some of the other questions and I cannot understand why people do not pick their asses up off of the computer chair and take themselves to the doctor (or their pets for that matter). I am shocked as to some of the inquiries I have seen. I understand that money may be an issue sometimes but jeez oh flipping katie (I'll have another Thank You), I just read a post by some idiot woman who asked if her water broke. Ya idiot, that is why you have an OB! Call your OB, go to the hospital, don't sit on the freaking internet and ask people who are 100's and 1000's of miles away from you who may not be able to respond to you in a timely manner!!!!! You would risk the life of your unborn child to get a Free answer on the internet when your local hospital has, I don't know, Doctors nearby who can actually help you in person! (Yes I will have that shot of Stoli Thanks). I am a firm believer in the power of information and the internet but gosh, hmm, should I kill my unborn child because I'm to lazy to tear myself away from the computer and go to the doctor when I have a serious medical issue? This woman should have the baby taken away from her NOW! She clearly isn't going to care for it once it is born because she is going to be sitting on the internet. I can see her next question already. "My baby won't stop crying" our response "when was the last time you fed or changed it"? Her reply "Am I supposed to do that? What should I use? Why can't it use the toilet on it's own and find the refrigerator if it's hungry"?

"Thank You bartender, I'll settle my bill now and here is a nice fat tip for listening to me complain. Could you do me one more favor? Call me a cab? I have more sense then to have 2 drinks and a shot that close together and drive".
    Good thing you got all that out, I thought you were going to explode... and from the sounds of it, you said all that in one breath! Here, you can have my cab... I think I am going to stay a bit longer!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by applsvcgirl
    I would like to order a Zombie and complain to the bartender as to HOW FREAKING STUPID people are. I only answer appliance questions (thankfully) but I read some of the other questions and I cannot understand why people do not pick their asses up off of the computer chair and take themselves to the doctor (or their pets for that matter). I am shocked as to some of the inquiries I have seen. I understand that money may be an issue sometimes but jeez oh flipping katie (I'll have another Thank You), I just read a post by some idiot woman who asked if her water broke. Ya idiot, that is why you have an OB! Call your OB, go to the hospital, don't sit on the freaking internet and ask people who are 100's and 1000's of miles away from you who may not be able to respond to you in a timely manner!!!!! You would risk the life of your unborn child to get a Free answer on the internet when your local hospital has, I don't know, Doctors nearby who can actually help you in person! (Yes I will have that shot of Stoli Thanks). I am a firm believer in the power of information and the internet but gosh, hmm, should I kill my unborn child because I'm to lazy to tear myself away from the computer and go to the doctor when I have a serious medical issue? This woman should have the baby taken away from her NOW! She clearly isn't going to care for it once it is born because she is going to be sitting on the internet. I can see her next question already. "My baby won't stop crying" our response "when was the last time you fed or changed it"? Her reply "Am I supposed to do that? What should I use? Why can't it use the toilet on it's own and find the refrigerator if it's hungry"?

Wow, you have pretty much summed up the frustrations I get at times, being the health expert and all.

But, I hear you I really do.

Oh, and BTW, could I be pregnant?
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Wow, you have pretty much summed up the frustrations I get at times, being the health expert and all.

But, I hear ya I really do.

Oh, and BTW, could I be pregnant?
    I am no expert at these things, but I would say... Hell no... you aren't... LOL
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 11:24 AM
    I haven't had my period since June... I'm under a tremendous amount of stress... and the pregnancy test says positive. So, am I pregnant?

I'm just messin with y'all, I ain't pregnant. I'd check myself into the local mental health facility if I was.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:26 AM
    About the pregnancy... but what about the stress, and the mental hospital?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Happy weekend folks not stopping too much to do, j hope the wee man is feeling better xxxxx
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Just got back from the doctor, he doesn't have strep, but she put him on an antibiotic cause his snot is yucky. He's much more active today.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Oh the yucky snot...
    Hey J, I have a question, not his doctor but someone we know suggested using Airborne for Jett and his asthma... it got really really bad and now it seems as though he isn't sick anymore, it has been a few weeks from his last bad episode, and a year before that since a really bad episode...
    Anyway, he is wheezing still? I give him his meds, inhalers and such but someone said they started taking Airborne and it helped... What do you think?
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Good as long as he is brighter and chipper that's what matter right .
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Haven't heard of that Start. It's the wheezing you need to get rid of. Sure the Airborne will help keep him from getting sick, which can cause asthma attacks.

You need to focus on the wheezing.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Thanks... I am focusing... goodness, scares me half to death, I just thought we were done with this. It had been a year... Damn it!
    How are you fairing? You got your Pepsi, light on the ice?

EDIT::::
    MmmmmMMMmmm chocholate! Just what I needed!
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
    OMG!! May darling was wonderful!!

Tonight was the half time show at the pro basketball game!! Her face was plastered all over the big screens in the FedEx Forum!!

I'm such a proud mama!!
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Hehehehehehe bless her she is a very pretty girl so why wouldn't they do that huh??
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 11:47 AM
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I just need to rant a moment.

Why is it that there is no information (that can be even semi-easily found) on the web about the long term after-effects of adoption for the birth mother?

Seriously--it's like they post that you might have some depression and issues with communications and trust in future relationships, and that you might be sad around Christmas, Mother's Day, and your child's birthday. That's it.

I know it's the time of year for me that makes me so crabby about it, but dammit--I am SO SICK of pretty much every adoption site being for adoptive parents. Let's put it this way--it was easier to find an account about Post Adoption Depression Syndrome (suffered by adoptive moms) than it was for me to find a page that said it was okay for birthmothers to grieve, and that that was a natural part of the adoption process for birthmothers.

It's like the second the baby is born, and adopted--all focus is on the adoptive family, and NOT on the woman who made such a tough choice and sacrifice.

I'm just so sick of never being able to find info. I'm sick of pro-lifers throwing adoption out there as a second-rate choice to parenting, but at least it's better than abortion, I'm sick of being thought of as a hero for "doing the right thing for my child" (which is what EVERY mother should do, right?)

I think I finally understand why some of the birthmoms I've met are so bitter about adoption in general, and want the whole practice of adoption to be outlawed.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Synn, that is why the people here need YOU so badly, to tell them! You re so good about laying it on the table, what they may feel with ANY decision they make. If I have a question about these issues, you are the first person that comes to mind! So maybe we out of get you your own web site and you can be sponsored through different companies... Hugs and loves...
    J, how sweet... so cool what a STAR!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I know it's the time of year for me that makes me so crabby about it, but dammit--I am SO SICK of pretty much every adoption site being for adoptive parents. Let's put it this way--it was easier to find an account about Post Adoption Depression Syndrome (suffered by adoptive moms) than it was for me to find a page that said it was okay for birthmothers to grieve, and that that was a natural part of the adoption process for birthmothers.
    I hear you, sweet lady. The whole idea that it's even possible to "give up" a child is preposterous in a way. They are bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh and NOTHING can change that fact, whatever circumstances may intervene.

I think a similar sense of loss overtakes some fathers that "lose" their children in bitter divorces. Many years ago I became fairly well acquainted with a man who was absolutely devoted to his kids, had a highly responsible and well-paying job, and his wife was so jealous of his relationship with the kids that she trashed the marriage and made it as hard as she could for him to have any contact or relationship with them. He went down in a sickening spiral of depression and grief. I saw him a couple of months ago and he didn't recognize or remember me, even after I told him who I was. He's a hollowed out shell of a person. So sad.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Dec 2, 2007, 06:18 PM
    I would like to buy a round for everyone in the bar for listening to my long winded rant the other day. I have a GREAT deal of respect for anyone here who has to answer health questions about people or their pets. I am actually grateful I only have to deal with people who need their inanimate appliances fixed. It's actually satisfying to have to tell someone their neglect of an appliance has killed it and it is going to cost them big $$$ to fix or replace it. I do not envy anyone who has to tell someone their neglect has damaged or killed a pet or human. Your desire to throttle them has to be great and your restraint epic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding Bar vs. Neutral Bar? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all. I have extended the wires from an unused 240 outlet to the backyard for a spa via a sub-panel. I also hooked up a new grounding electrode near it to avoid having to run a fourth wire all the way back to the main panel. This fourth wire goes to the small grounding bar in the sub-panel...

Ground bar vs. Neutral bar [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference? I understand the neutral goes on the neutral bar and the same for the ground wires but if you were to check continuity between the neutral bar and ground bar they are connected. Can you explain?

My start bar ( task bar ) is in the wrong place [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was playing on my PC and my start bar or task bar is now up the right hand side of my screen, I don't know how I did it is there away to put it back to the bottom left (original place ) please help its annoying:mad: Thanks in advance Mike:)

Marble or Granite for a wine bar w/ stainless bar sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Would Marble be an appropriate choice for a bar top that will have a small stainless steel undermount bar sink? I have been quoted the same price for marble or granite. Are these counter tops usually the same price?

Annoying Internet Bar over the Task Bar [ 1 Answers ]

My grandson has messed around with my computer and an annoying Bar now sits over the Task bar when on the internet. To the extreme left is Internet Explorer logo e] followed by DONE. To the extreme right is a Blue Globe followed by INTERNET. If a URL is clicked the bar then shows :...

View more questions Search