Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turtleonfire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Cartlidge STILL hurts after A YEAR!
    Hi there!
    I hope you can help me. I had my cartlidge pierced over a year ago. I had a gold stud and I think it was pierced with a gun (can't really remember it was so fast), but I remember that it was a bit sore and bled all the way down my neck! The piercer gave me tea tree oil to clean it with. However, my ear swelled up a bit and I had an infection (a lump around the piercing) which the doctor gave me anti-biotic cream for. The lump disappeared but it's been really painful to lie on ever since and even now, a year later, I still wake up in the night if I roll onto that side because it hurts! I clean it every now and then with salt in hot water if it starts to hurt too much and it does sort of calm it down for a bit - but I don't always have salt and hot water handy (if I'm out and about)!
    So I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and do you think I'll ever be free from the pain?! :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
    After a year your pain should be gone; it definitely should not wake you up at night. First I have to know the basics:

If you are still cleaning it, what are you cleaning it with, and how often?

How often do you change the jewelry, and what kind of metal do you use?

I also have to tell you that getting your cartilage pierced with a gun can open you up to all sorts of problems. Piercing guns can shatter your cartilage, cause the jewelry to tear your ear, or even give you infections! The guns are not, in most cases, sterilized properly.

If this problem persists, you may just want to save yourself the grief and take it out. After taking it out, you can get it repierced, and if you do, I recommend getting it repierced with a sterilized needle. It causes next to no problems and is way better for you in the long run. Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartlidge piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I had my cartlidge pierced about 6 weeks ago and when I took the stud out to change it I noticed a knot on the back of my ear is this anything to be concerned about it is still sore to touch thank you sivy

Cartlidge periceing! [ 12 Answers ]

:confused: should I get my cartlidge periced?I'm a 13 year old and I have the home gun pierceing kit my friend(shes like 19 she is my teacher(for bible study)i trust her and everything and my mom says I can-i have two holes in each lobe--well should iiiii? The kit is sterile and I feel its self...

My two year old hurts my 1 year old [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get my two year old daughter to stop hurting my 1 year old with out spanking her which I don't do

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

View more questions Search