Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lapanchira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
    How to install Norton antivirus for the second time.
    It looks that I have a virus, I had norton before but never updated it. I just bought a new one and unistalled the old one before installing the new one; while doing this it was taking too long, after about 15 minutes I cancelled it and tried to install again, but it says: "another installer is currently running. Please wait for it to complete and try again"
    About 4 hours have passed and I have rebooted about five times and still the same, please help me!
    davejacobs Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Norton provides a tool to uninstall NAV here: Norton Removal Tool. This often takes care of the problem so you can get the program to install correctly. I have used it twice with good results.

If the above does not work a great guy by the name of Dave Taylor has detailed instructions on how to totally remove NAV so you can do a clean install of it. Remember it is critical to follow the instructions to the letter. Here is a link to the correct page of his site: "Ask Dave Taylor! Tech Support Blog.

To find dozens of great free internet security software downloads visit Free Internet Security Software. You will be amazed at the quality and variety of free security software available!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstalling preinstalled Norton antivirus [ 9 Answers ]

Norton antivirus came preistalled on my computer to use free for 60 days. I am wanting to use a different anti virus progam. The following are what is in my add/remove section. Norton internet security, live update notices, symantec tech support web controls and live update. Can someone tell me if...

Norton antivirus [ 2 Answers ]

Since I installed the upgrade on my 2006 norton internet secutiy, I have been getting these error messages about LuCallBackProxy module. Went to symantec knowledge base and nothing comes up. This is getting stupid

Unable to uninstall norton antivirus from add and remove [ 2 Answers ]

Dell XP pro virus infected PC, While installing Norton System Works PC went Blank and asked for a restart but installation didn't take place. Asking for a Fresh installation after uninstalling previous. Unable to uninstall after repeated Try i.e restart etc.

How to uninstall Norton Antivirus 2006 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody I need help in this issue please? And it started in my work email when I started receiving attachements zipped files including passwords and I tried to install the Norton Antivirus 2006. It crashed 3x during installation, creating Symantec errors and gives me this error that an old...

View more questions Search