Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    the411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Equation solving?
    Hello, I have a test tomorrow in my algebra class and I need to pass this test in order to pass that class. I get most of it but I'm really worried because I don't understand how to solve the equations. For example this is what the equations look like:

7(x-3) = 7(4x+5)

can you please show me how to solve this? I know most of it but I don't know how to fully solve the problem. If you could please show me and explain how to do this step by step it would really help. Thank you!
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Nov 19, 2007, 06:18 PM
    the basic idea is to first expand all terms (perform the multiplication) and then collect like terms (put all the x together), put x by itself on one side and divide the other by the number multiplying x.

for example:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting solving [ 2 Answers ]

betty sullivan decided to open betty's dog grooming center. Betty completed the following transaction a) invested $ 19,000 cash from her personal bank account into the business b) bought equipment for cash $ 3,000 c) bought additional equipment on account, $2,000 d) paid #300 cash to...

Formula Solving for Chem equation of Heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have the equation q=mcdeltat How do I solve for m or c or deltat? Anyone remember that process?

Solving for Po [ 3 Answers ]

Company T will pay a dividend of $1.50 per share in the next 12 months (D1). The required rate of return (Ke) is 10% and the constant growth rate is 5 percent. Is the correct formula and have I plugged everything in correctly? Po = D1/Ke - g = 1.50/10% - 5% = 30

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

Solving for m and b [ 5 Answers ]

How would you break down these equations to solve for m and b? 9=-3m+b 4=-m+b Thank you.

View more questions Search