Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodstock cate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Hair color correction
    I colored my hair with Framesi Framcolor 2001. The color is called light mahagoney, but my roots turned out bright red. I have over 50% gray in the front of my scalp, yet the product said it has 100% gray coverage. Should I put a brown color over the roots with an ash base?

Thanks Catherine
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
    The dye always attacks the lightest of your hair first...

Those are the best time to get it professionally done. You are supposed to apply the color to length of hair first then the roots...

And I have never even heard of that haircolor before.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Nov 21, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Sorry to say this but no colour can cover your greys 100% unless it is mixed with your natural base shade (natural hair colour).

Was it just the front part of the hair that turned out bright red?

You say you have 50% greys? What you need to do is find the closest possible shade to your natural hair colour, then mix it with your target shade. You need equal amounts of both shades.

But first I think you better get a colour stripper and strip the colour out.
    Vision Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 02:44 PM
    I agree, good advice!
    Vision Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Um, I meant to give her a "greenie" that "reddie" was an accident, is there a way to fix that? SORRY Punkchic!

Nov 22, 2007, 04:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Um, I meant to give her a "greenie" that "reddie" was an accident, is there a way to fix that?? SORRY Punkchic!
    Lol, It's okay. :-)
    Vision Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 02:22 PM
    No, it's not... I'm sorry. CAN REDDIES BE REMOVED??

Nov 22, 2007, 03:34 PM
    I don't know. Lol.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Reddie removed ;)
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Thanks RickJ!! I accidentally gave someone a greenie that most definitely deserved a reddie, can we change that one too? :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Color correction [ 3 Answers ]

My color is dark brown, and I want to make it light blond, how do I go about changing my color?

Color correction [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys... I recently dyed my hair for the first time in my life. I just wanted change so I have streaked highlights, but my hairdresser screwed it all up! I have asian hair and I told her exactly what I wanted done, now that I realized it - it's actually sad that I know more than her. But anyway...

Color Correction at a salon? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, I went to a Salon to have my hair changed back to it's natural color. Big Surprise, it came out too dark. My hair is as dark as Katherine McPhees, but I have light blue eyes and fair skin, so this looks awful. I asked for a medium brown and came out with a dark brown. I didn't want to...

Color correction [ 1 Answers ]

After I use either Colorfix or Colorzap, I will need to recolor. I want a light to medium brown. I have heard that sometimes, even after color correction, the hair will go back to dark brown or black unless a very light color is used after stripping. So, my questions are: (1) Will light brown...

View more questions Search