Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcbjbayc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Home phone problems
    My DSL service is working fine but my home phone isn't. I have the filters hooked up too. When I pick the phone up there is just a little static in the back ground.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I would call your phone company and complain about this and see if they can send someone out to fix the issue..
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 06:32 PM
    5 filters is the maximum in the house. Make sure only the telephone port is connected to the phone and the modem port only goes to the modem, or there is no filter where the modem is plugged in.

That filter may be defective or your plugged into the wrong side of the filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring inside home phone [ 2 Answers ]

My kids make long distance calls even though we put a password by the supplier. There is a way to reconnect some wires inside the phone that don't dile 1, or 0 at the beginning, long time ago, the telephone provider employee explained to me but I forgot. I need to know how so I can put a secret...

Co.'s Insist on requiring home phone #.. . [ 6 Answers ]

I am in dire need of an answer. I do not have a home telephone. I want to order online - yet they insist on me entering a telephone number. What do I insert in those l0 spaces if I don't have a phone? It is the only way the sites will let me proceed with my orders. Can anyone help me? ...

Problems with Panasonic KX TG2730 Cordless Phone? [ 1 Answers ]

I have this phone over two years. I never faced any problem. Recently it is giving me trouble in ringing only once, after that it gets discarded after 10 secs. So by the time I reach the phone it gets disconnected. All the callers are complaining that I should dump this phone! That's why I'm...

Intermittent phone problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with 4 phones not ringing at the same time. When a call comes in there is no consistency in the phone rings. We had to upgrade to a new NID box to get DSL. Hoping this may resolve the problem (not). In the new NID box I had a DSL splitter installed and a separate CAT 5E for the...

View more questions Search