Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Fan won't turn off on Lennox central air and heat
    The system continues to run even when in the "off" position, no matter if it's set on heat or cool, and no matter how or low I turn the thermostat. I have the thermostat set on "off" now, and the fan continues to run; it's set on auto. There is no off position for the fan, only for the heat/cool settings. The air being blown out is neutral; the heat worked last night; I discovered the malfunction when I tried to turn the heat down, then finally off. Only the fan continues to run. I'm afraid to try the air; I'm afraid I might may things work, and living in the deep south, we'll need the cool air next weeK! Any ideas, as this a weekend, and my husband is out of town?
    Thank you for any ideas.
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 17, 2007, 09:46 AM
    It sounds like your fan limit switch is stuck try pounding on the side of the furnace with your fist see if it stops if it does a simple adjustment on the fan limit will take care of it
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 09:58 AM
    For starters, it won't hurt much to let the fan run a few days. Some let it run all the time. In newer heating systems the fan isn't controlled by a limit switch. It is possible the red and green wires to the thermostat are shorted, or the thermostat is bad. Most likely the relay on the control board is stuck. Finding it and giving it a rap might stop the fan. That should confirm you have to put up the money for a new board. In some systems, the fan will run if it loses control voltage. That is a easy fix in most cases by replacing the fuse. You can find the details you need in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html
    youknowitdadio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 09:52 AM

I have a similar problem with my Lennox that hasn't been fixed yet. What I do is throw the breaker switch for the fan in the main breaker box for the house and it resets and turns off. Try that for a temp fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan will not turn on central air conditioner [ 10 Answers ]

My central air fan will not turn on I had my capacitor check and it is OK I have another big thing that look like a big capacitor but it wires do not go to the fan I took it off to check it to but it is Sunday. I also took the fan off and was going to have it check on Monday. The air conditioner is...

My central heat and air won't blow out heat [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, my central air ran out of freon so this summer I couldn't cool my house.Now my Unit will not blow out any heat. I tried to turn the heater on but it smelled like it was trying To catch on fire. All I want to know is do I need to apply freon to get my unit to produce Heat?

Central air blower won't turn on [ 10 Answers ]

My central air compressor is working outside but my blower just seems to hum on both auto and fan mode. When hints? The unit is for my gas heat furnace and central air.

Central Air doesn't turn on. [ 5 Answers ]

My central air isn't kicking on and before I have someone come out to look, id like to make sure its not something simple. This started two days ago. I went to switch the thermostat (simple comfort 2001) over to cool and nothing happened, a few minutes later the display went dim. I thought I...

View more questions Search