Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schwartzyms Posts: 134, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2007, 05:47 AM
    She left me for someone else but I still love her
    Hi, my girlfriend and I had been dating for almost 2 months when she left me for another guy and I still love her and I want her back but it hurts so much to see her go.

Would anybody be able to give me some sdvice on how to get over the break-up and move on?

Thanks

Nov 17, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Please I really need help I can't get over her on my own...
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Nov 17, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Well, the question is would you want to get back with her, she dumped you for someone else. Think about that real hard, 2 months, perhaps your infactuated with her, and you are mistaking it for love. As I always say if someone wants to be with you nothing can keep them away... These next few days will be hard but you will begin to get better.. Think of it as her loss, and make sure not to keep yourself on standby, surround yourself around friends, go out, do something productive, don't contact her, delete her numbers, if it help, remove everything that reminds you of her. I would suggest you take this time and focus on yourself... when someone usually leaves for someone else it has nothing to do with you but everything to do with her needs, that was a selfish move, but it happens to the best of us then they realize they made a mistake and sometimes they come back and sometimes they don't but by her doing this the trust level has already been ruined.. If you were to get back with her you would be walking on eggshells... THink about it..
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Nov 17, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Yeah it certainly doesn't sound like love. 2 months into a relationship, the other cheats and you still want them. That sounds like complete infatuation. You will get over it. Even if it's on your own. I mean some people get divorced after 10 years and get through it alone. 2 months is a relative blink of an eye compared to that. After two months you knew very little of her and lo and behold you came to find she is a cheater. So now you got to know the real her, not the her that's in your head. What you need to do is go out and "grow your life". That means get strong enough where if by a girl after 2 months breaks up with you, you never say again "I can't get over her on my own". You do that by sticking with a game plan. Start working out, vigorously if you have to. Start some hobbies, make some friends, go and volunteer your time at a homeless shelter or for the environment. Read a bit about the psychology of relationships. Get yourself strong and smart and things like this will be more easily traversed.

Nov 17, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the help! She really hurt me so I'm going to try as hard as I can to get over her thanks for the advice! I'm definitely going to think this through
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Time is the only answer, start going out with frineds and living your life.

Nov 17, 2007, 09:33 PM
    It hurts so much, I keep going to text her and I do and she doesn't answer so I don't know if she is ignoring me or trying to help me because she told me she still loves me and she said she is seeing this guy mainly because he reminds her of me... the thing is, I think I may want her back
    Matteus Posts: 199, Reputation: 18

Nov 18, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmagnetic
    Yeah it certainly doesn't sound like love. 2 months into a relationship, the other cheats and you still want them. That sounds like complete infatuation. You will get over it. Even if it's on your own. I mean some people get divorced after 10 years and get through it alone. 2 months is a relative blink of an eye compared to that. After two months you knew very little of her and lo and behold you came to find she is a cheater. So now you got to know the real her, not the her that's in your head. What you need to do is go out and "grow your life". That means get strong enough where if by a girl after 2 months breaks up with you, you never say again "I can't get over her on my own". You do that by sticking with a game plan. Start working out, vigorously if you have to. Start some hobbies, make some friends, go and volunteer your time at a homeless shelter or for the environment. Read a bit about the psychology of relationships. get yourself strong and smart and things like this will be more easily traversed.
    Or the girl was in a rebound relation, and now her ex has come back. That doesn't make her a cheater. But that makes our guy a fool. He was into her so soon and without a minimum of information about his ex.

Nov 18, 2007, 07:02 AM
    The guy isn't her ex. He's her friends brother.
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2007, 07:17 AM
    One step in getting over a break up, is remember all the BAD times, and you soon won't want to be back with her. Although... two months, probably not many bad times squeezed in there.

Nov 18, 2007, 07:20 AM
    There really weren't many bad times, we do have a bit of distance between us and we didn't get to see each other all the time... she said she left me for the other guy because she missed me and the new guy she met(which is her friends brother) reminded her of me... getting over this break-up has been very hard, I'm not a person that cries a lot and I have found myself crying every night and every morning, its not like soft crying its more along the line of quietly cryuing like a baby.

Nov 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by schwartzyms
    Hi, my girlfriend and I had been dating for almost 2 months when she left me for another guy and i still love her and i want her back but it hurts so much to see her go.

Would anybody be able to give me some sdvice on how to get over the break-up and move on?

Thanks
    Now I have a major problem, I want to get back together with her but my friend told her that she was making my life horrible when she wasn't and now she won't talk to me, I need advice, anything,.

Thanks for your help
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 06:04 PM
    ...she said she left me for the other guy because she missed me and the new guy she met(which is her friends brother) reminded her of me........
    Hi Schwartz
    What do you mean by this comment above , I don't get why she would leave you for this new guy if he reminds her of you. WHY would she not just stay with you??

Nov 19, 2007, 06:13 PM
    It was a long distance realationship
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 06:15 PM
    it was a long distance realationship
    Ok thanks that clarifies it , so how old are you guys?

Nov 19, 2007, 06:28 PM
    15 each

Nov 19, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Its young for the feelings I have for her but its just amazing how much I care for her, its ture that you truly don't realize what you have until there gone
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 06:32 PM
    15 each
    Well you are both still really young with your whole lives in front of you. You really just need to let her go at this point. If you start contacting her you are not only hanging on to false hope but you will also push her away. You see this is what happens , when you push they pull away.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
    its young for the feelings i have for her but its just amazing how much i care for her, its ture that you truly dont realize what you have until there gone
    That's true , but believe me there will be others , like I said you have your whole life ahead of you.

Nov 19, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Its so hard no to talk to her, she tells me she loves me, but I feel as if I'm being ignored

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left groin & down the left leg pain, Hysterectomy didn't work [ 6 Answers ]

I had fibroids and cysts in my left ovaries. Since I had severe pain in the lower left stomach, groin and all the way down on my left leg. The pain is only prominent when I lie down. I am fine during the day, but when I lie down the pain is intense. It looks like one nerve or something. The Doctor...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

She left me for someone else but I still love her [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my girlfriend and I had been dating for almost 2 months when she left me for another guy and I still love her and I want her back but it hurts so much to see her go. Would anybody be able to give me some sdvice on how to get over the break-up and move on? Thanks

He left me for a job:but claims to love me w/all his heart [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:My boyfriend and I live in CA. about a month ago ,my boyfriend of one and a half yrs, got a call from 4states away LA. To apprentice under his uncle who happens to be president of this co. and "grow professionally" (an offer he couldn't refuse) The catch was he had to go & stay w/uncle...

View more questions Search