Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppy13 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Positive home test,inconclusive docs test
    Hi there, can anyone tell me if this has happened to them, I've already had a miscarriage and a stillbirth so I'm very worried, I done a home pregnancy test and it came back posative, 2 days later I handed a sample of urine into the docs, theyphoned me to say I would need to hand in another in 7 days, as my test was inconclosive what do they mean by this, I'm also a bit worried as the night before this I had a little spotting, but luckily so far have had no more, can anyone tell me if this has happened to them please?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Unfortunately we won't be able to tell what happened at the doctors office. There are a number of reason why they could be asking you for another sample.
    The assistant could have dipped the urine then dumped the excess, and maybe the control line didn't show up on the test, thus it was faulty but they had already pitched the rest of your urine so they couldn't retest.
    They could have tested and thought they saw a positive line, but maybe it was so faint they want to retest in a week.

I mean there can be numerous reasons... I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, as there is nothing you can really do.

Just hand in your sample in 7 days... I would even wait in the office for the results. I mean a urine pregnancy test doesn't take up any time. So I wouldn't leave, I would wait. Make sure you use your first morning urine for the sample.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:57 AM
    There are numerous reasons we can get a false positive on a HPT. Yes, ladies false positives do indeed happen (I just learned this myself). Unfortunately, you are now playing the waiting game. It is possible that, if you are pregnant, your hormone levels are not high enough to test positive at the doctor's office.

You will just have to take it again in a week. I wish I could give you some other answer, but that is the way pregnancy is.
    taif_raad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 08:27 AM
    B

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

False positive on urine test [ 3 Answers ]

I am a type 2 diabetic I take and I take 1000 mg twice daily of Metformin, Actos 30 Mg daily and 32 units daily of lantus. My problem is I`m looking for a new job and the pre employment urine test keeps coming back positive for alcohol. I do drink alcolic beverages at all. Can anyone explain what's...

False positive on a drug test! [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend is on probation and he failed his last drug test due to a poppy seed muffin... Now they are making him call in every day to see if he has to come in and take another one. His probation officer told him he is going to be on it until August 31, which is a major problem. It's a...

View more questions Search