Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahorecki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Electric Baseboard Thermostat gets warm
    I have 4 electric baseboard heaters on a double pole thermostat. When I am heating in the winter, the thermostat seems to get warm and shows that it is 90 degrees (on the thermometer on it) and the room is still cold and it is shutting down the heaters. What would be causing the thermostat to be getting warm? (at least I believe this is my problem) Thanks!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Could be a loose connection, esp if the connections are the screw type. Or it could be an overload on the t'stat. What is the amp rating of the stat, and what is the wattage of the total heat on the stat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Baseboard Timer [ 8 Answers ]

I Wish To Install A Mechanical Timer In An Existing Electric Baseboard Heating System. What Would I Use And How Can This Be Accomplished? The timer should be an hour or less. NOTE: I have a good working knowledge of electricity. I simply need to know about the needed parts.

Electric baseboard thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I need help replacing an old electric baseboard thermostat with a digital programmable one. Keep in mind, I do not know much about electricity/circuits, etc. The baseboard specs are 240V, 1000-1250W (two 1000W, one 1250W in the living room). They are running on a double pole, 20Amp circuit. I...

Electric baseboard heaters -wiring 1 thermostat to two heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to heat my new garage with electric baseboard heaters. The new garage is 20X24 feet. I would like to use only one 240V #12 2 wire circuit running two heaters at a total of 3800 watts. I plan to use 2 pole 20A breakers and 2c #12 wire. I would like to have both heaters controlled...

Electric baseboard help [ 1 Answers ]

We have just tried to turn on our electric baseboard heat for the season and only one room comes on. There is a thermostat in every room and I can hear them click but no heat is generating. What can be wrong?? We have checked the breakers and they are on and have juice. Please someone HELP me! I...

View more questions Search