Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Nov 12, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Ghost or what?
    I have had many encounters with ghosts, or spirits, my whole life, starting at a very young age. My father and mother have had them too. I cannot explain what's going on, I can only tell you of my experiences.

My most recent experience has not been very, what you might call, serious. But I just want to share it because its been weighing heavily on my mind.

I live in my deceased grandparents' house. My g'ma died in 1989 here in this house. I moved in here with g'pa in April of 2006 to help take care of him because he had fallen ill and was unable to stay by himself. I stayed here and took care of him until he died 3 months later. I suddenly awoke one morning at 3:30 and felt the urgent need to check on him. When I turned on his bedroom light, he was dead. Since then, I have been living here. Since his death, I have not had ANY ghostly encounters, if that's what you may call them. I have always felt so safe in this house. Until recently in the past 2 weeks. Every minute that I am here, I feel this presence around me. Kind of like when you feel someone is standing behind you only to turn around and no one's there. One night I was up late on the computer and the light bulb blew out. I was too lazy to put in another light bulb, so I just went to bed. The next morning, my fiancé got up for work and woke me up and asked me if I had left the light on all night long. The light that had "blew out" the night before, was on. Working just fine. Well I didn't change the bulb, thinking it was going to miraculously work, but that evening, it blew out again, and this time we changed it. The other day I was sitting in the living room and the book on the very top shelf of the bookcase fell over. Just out of nowhere, fell over, for no reason. The next morning, my fiancé got up again, and asked me if I had knocked over the trashcan in the kitchen... I said "no"... the trashcan was lying in the middle of the floor. Possibly it could have been a rat? but how could a rat have that much force to knock over a trashcan that was about half full of trash? The other night, I was up late again on the computer, and my fiancé got up and asked me if I was talking to anyone. Of course, I said "NO"... he got up 2 other times after that saying that he heard someone talking and the sound was coming from the room I was in, but I never heard a thing. My outside dog also mysteriously died this week. I don't think it is any relation to what I've been experiencing inside the house, but it was just weird. He stays tied up. We found him just dead, mouth open, tongue hanging out, stiff as a board, and covered in flies. The day before, he was just fine. That was just very mysterious, and I thought I should include that since weird things have been going on. Oh, and we both keep hearing doors in the house closing. We don't actually "see" them close and there is no evidence that they are opening and closing, we are just hearing the sound. It does frighten me in a way. This is not my first experience with such odd occurrences, but it does creep me out. I just wonder who it is and why is it just now happening, and why all at one time. I wish I had explanations to these things. I'm not really seeking any advice, I just wanted to share and if anyone has any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing what you have to say.
    Thanks!
    suttkaitc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 08:10 AM
    Hi. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and grandpa and grandma. I am about to be 13 and I can sense and talk to spirits. Yes I think it couls be your grandfather. Not to the point that he is "haunting" you. But maybe You should try talking to him when something strange like that happens. My step dad passed away a few months after my best friends mom passed away and I still think they are both with us. It might sound crazy but that's just life. Some advise would be that spirits allow you to hear and see only what they want you to, they also can control dreams. Just thought I would let you know.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by suttkaitc View Post
    Hi. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and grandpa and grandma. I am about to be 13 and I can sense and talk to spirits. Yes I think it couls be your grandfather. Not to the point that he is "haunting" you. But maybe You should try talking to him when something strange like that happens. My step dad passed away a few months after my best friends mom passed away and I still think they are both with us. It might sound crazy but thats just life. Some advise would be that spirits allow you to hear and see only what they want you to, they also can controll dreams. Just thought I would let you know.

Please be aware you are responding to a post that is 3 years old. So you may not get an answer back from the OP.
    scars101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 08:49 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandparents and dog! I would just like to know if you had any experiences in this house before your grandma's death. If you have, I would say it's what I call a 'jealous' ghost. I have one of these (I think) and what it means is someone, in your case probably an elderly, haunts a place because they are jealous of or angry at the people who live there. In my case, I think a child ghost who was murdered haunts me because I get to have a childhood (Along with some of my friends) Perhaps this ghost died early due to an illness, and is jealous because your grandparents lived to an old age (Im assuming)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is ghost? [ 13 Answers ]

I would like to request for your opinion on "What is ghost?" Normally we would think that ghost is from the "soul" of a living thing. If that is The case, then the world would be full of ghosts - and certainly this does not look So. I would think that someone becomes a ghost when...

Seeing ghost [ 5 Answers ]

I was a sleep and I got woke up cause I felt someone watching me I woke up and there was a shadow in my room and then I looked harder and there was a little girl next to my bed and a lady and I saw this shadow go from room to room and every time he would go in the room I was in the lady and this...

The ghost [ 1 Answers ]

For whom ever may be reading Dear reader my sister has been going throw werid things in her life like when she was little she has been thinking that a spirit has been following her she has had been in a room going into a closet and the light turned off by itself:eek: I was very confused that...

View more questions Search