Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachel593 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Father paying child support
    Can a father that gets ssi still have to pay child support. He can work but he don't want to. I have 4 kids and he don't pay.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 06:09 PM
    <moved from Introductions to Family Law>
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:14 PM
    If the father cannot prove in court that there is a medical reason why he can't work... he will be ordered to pay child support.
    godsgirl43 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 01:00 PM
    This need to be address these deadbeat dads they don't pay child support but they can smoke crack and drink the money up in liquor I blame the system letting these men get away with it how do a man come home from jail and get on welfare how can a father owe public assistance 12,790 for taking care of his kids and get food stamps the system is failing these kids well hell they let a hell of lot children die in the system took them out there homes and put them in so called safe homes and they were killed its sad they need to go back to early 80s late 70s when nobody would get ssi unless you were blind cripple or crazy facts.. /...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-Wife not paying child support of seeing the child [ 10 Answers ]

We just recently got the divorce final my I got custody and she is suppose to have visitation every other weekend she will pick her up Friday and drop her off Saturday. She was suppose to take her for the whole month of June and July but said she cannot because she has no one to watch her. She...

Pay child support=paying for drug habit of father [ 8 Answers ]

I'd really love to know how I can pay child support for my son without having his father use that support for drugs.My son stays with his father out of what I think is guilt... When we broke up he used the... "If i don't have you, I might as well kill myself" trick and since then my son decided to...

Should I let me ex quit paying Child Support? [ 5 Answers ]

Is it ever wise to waive a child support payment in return for spousal cooperation or more time with the child? I no longer absolutely need the child support since I remarried.

Father not paying child support [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a three yr old boy. His father and I have been separated since my son was 4 months old. I put him on child support and my case was approved since Nov. 2005, but I have not seen anything financially. I called the child support people and they said that it seems like he has made no...

View more questions Search