Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ythakkar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Windstar brake lights and shift interlock
    I have ford windstar 2003. After I start the car it would not move from Park to drive. I have to shut the engine off, depress the brake paddle and move it from Park to drive and than start the engine. At the same time none of my brake lights works. I tried to check the fuse and bulbs, they all looks OK!
    Please advice. Thanks,
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Brake switch is where you need to look. Unplug, check for power on the 2 connections, when you press brake pedal other side should be hot and brake lights on. Inserting a jumper in brake switch socket should allow you to place in gear and brake lite on.
    If not hot, you still have a fuse or wire problem. More likely a fuse. Maybe more than 1 fuse panel. Check under dash, under hood and in glove box.
    Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After replacing Brake Light Switch Now can't shift car out of Park. [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to replace the brake light switch to solve my "Brake Lights Remain On" problem. Now I can not get my car out of park. Why can't I now put the car into gear? I have an automatic transmission. 2002 Ford Explorer is my car.

Brake Lights [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Z71 Truck. The brake lights stay on . I can't find the problem.

Brake Lights On Explorer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer. The fuse for the brake lights have gone out and I don't know which fuse it is. When I look in the ower's manual, the closes thing I see to brake lights is the brake pedal position switch. The bulbs are not blown because the tail lights, reverse lights and the...

Brake lights [ 1 Answers ]

I need help finding the plug that plugs into the brake light switch on a 1994 chevy van c20 4.3

Brake lights [ 6 Answers ]

When pushing the brake pedal on my 1997 ford explorer the brake lights do not come on. The bulbs are good and burn when lights are turned on.

View more questions Search