Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lande609 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Answer sought about Bryant Furnaces
    I have an older (35+year old) Bryant furnace, it has no apparent model #. Just a unit # 85BA88 H8AJ9732. When I started it up for the season it fails to work off thermostat. I can start it manually and when it heats up to temp level fan starts. There is no power coming to thermostat from the furnace fan control box. Is there a set of scematic prints and or a work manuel available. Or any other info that may help?
    Hopefully Helpful Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lande609
    I have an older (35+year old) Bryant furnace, it has no apparent model #. Just a unit # 85BA88 H8AJ9732. when I started it up for the season it fails to work off thermostat. I can start it manually and when it heats up to temp level fan starts. There is no power coming to thermostat from the furnace fan control box. is there a set of scematic prints and or a work manuel available. Or any other info that may help?
    When you say you can start it manually, what are you doing jumping the wires at the thermostat - if you are check or replace thermostat - if you are putting 24V directly to valve - if you are check wiring to the thermostat ( cut / or loose connection) if this is a powerpile type (because of age) you will have to check the millivolt and the drop across the valve. There are different ways of wiring 24V through controls at that age of furnace but it is basic and you should be able to follow it - just do not bypass safeties or controls and if it is a millivolt system it would be better to get a older tec or replace the unit (furnace) but that is your decisson and the advice of a tec. - the furnace as gone longer than expected and there could be issues cracked heat exchanger that can be proved if there is. Let us know - Hopefully Helpful.
    Hopefully Helpful Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Sorry I missed the part where you said no power coming from the control box ( fan and limit control) the limit switch is either open or the wire is loose. Replace the fan and limit if it is the same control or replace the limit if it is separtate. But you should still get the heat exchanger checked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Several Native Amer. Pieces jewelry Hallmark info sought [ 3 Answers ]

I have two rings bearing the inscribed initials "KRB" which is circa '70's by unknown Navajo silversmith as far as I can tell, does anyone know more about this particular silversmith. Another ring bears the inscription "BY-LUCKY","4-79" Another Zuni ring bears the hallmark "R" and what is...

Joining furnaces [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Two Furnaces And Would Like To Know If I Can Connect One Furnace To The Other To Draw Heat From Front Of Building To The Rear Furnace By Using Fan Switch Only. The Front Area Is A Great Room Heated Primarily By A Wood Fireplace. I Want To Take The Heat From The Front Area And Deliever It To...

Bush TV manufacturers contact sought [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bush TV for which we have lost the remote control - I would like to get in touch with the manufacturer to see if I can purchase a new one from them, but am having no success with finding a listing for them on the web - can anyone help, please ?

Gas furnaces [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my gas furnace staying lit can you please help me?

View more questions Search