Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2007, 02:08 AM
    Gerd disease
    When I these attacks, they are very painful. Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Famotidine, medicines
    Don't help. Only Alker seltzer, tums seem to break the pain.

Any tips you can offer will be appreciated. What foods can you eat?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 9, 2007, 04:05 AM
    Well, I thought that was a new new one on me, gerd disease, until I looked it up as actually acid reflux. There is a not of information on this website, dos and donts, etc.

www.emedicinehealth.com
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 04:15 AM
    My youngest son has GERD and follows a strict diet that has removed the potential offending foods. Now some will say that it will not make any difference but all I know, for my son, is that by the diet and the medicine (Prevacid) he has not had any episodes.
    The offending food items include any tomato based products, chocolate, citrus juices, spices, whole milk, and fatty foods. He also has mini meals - he eats 6 times a day, instead of the three meals a day. He does not wear jeans either, but relaxed wear clothes.

My son also has Celiac Disease and follows that diet, which has taken out all the gluten based products. But it all works together for his health and that was the goal.

Have you seen a dietican for the GERD diet? While there are many websites out there that offer a GERD diet, the real life consultation with a dietican is the far better option for you. You may be asked to keep a journal of what you eat and your reactions. Looking for trigger foods. Also journaling events, activities, and stressors.

You can look through the following sites to get an idea of foods to eat but please see your doctor. You should not be suffering like this.

Safe Foods For Heartburn Sufferers - Acid Reflux Diet
    Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Diet
    WebMD Heartburn Health Center - Find GERD, acid reflux and heartburn information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a disease? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend can't eat a thing and when his eats it goes out. His smokes and drinks. What can be the problem? Is it a disease? What are the signs of an hiv disease?:confused:

Is this a Disease [ 1 Answers ]

Pimpels black heads on my cack how do u get rid of

Really gerd or gord? [ 9 Answers ]

In October I started feeling like I had a lump in my throat. Many trips to the doctor, testing for strep, treated for sinus infection no relief. Last month it peaked, very swollen vocal cords which had a spasm and cut off my air supply, started on prednisone, ENT said it is gerd started me on...

What is my disease ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a young man of 27 years old。From childhood I was shame Personality.I used to avoid people and places .I used to be so nervous While Talking with people .I always used to seek company of my friends to go School , market .I used to feel safe in company of other people. I couldn't change...

Goals of Gerd M [ 1 Answers ]

How many goals did the German soccer legend Gerd Müller get in total in his career (both in the Geman "Bundesliga" and the National Team)?

View more questions Search