Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bwallace617 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Multimedia frustration.
    Hi,
    I'm having a real problem finding a multimedia controller driver. Yes I have the question marks in bright yellow in device manager.

Believe me I have tried everything. But to no avail. Relaoded mobo drivers, monitor, agp card etc and nothing.

I'm running a asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with nvidia 2 400 chipset. Matrox ph 650 graphics card. 512 ram . Suncmaster 750 monitor. Two hard drives. 20 and 40 gig. CPU amd 2400+.

I use Premierre 6 for video work and every time I click the icon and launch it the screen blacks out and a few minuites later opens up in safe mode. The reolution is ****. However when I chnaged the setting to safe mode first and then lauched Premierre it worked fine. SO matrox card is OK but why does it keep reverting to safe avg mode??

Anyway I've noticed I have two multimedia controllers drivers missing along with a raid driver.

Do you think this is the cause of the problem?
    Am I loading the drivers correctly?
    Also do I have to sign on as administrator to run the drivers?
    If so, (idiot I am) I've forgotton my password. What's the best thing to do?
    Get divorced??

If you can answer any of these questions I will put at least a pound next time in the charity box.
    Thank you

Yours,

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATEDLY,:mad:

Paul
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Nov 8, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Could be a driver conflict and being that you are loading in safe mode its not loading the conflicting drivers. You don't have to be on Admin account you just need to access to an user account that has admin rights. Where did you get the drivers? Nvida? Try getting it from the motherboard's manufacturer. Also try running windows updater it should detect the hardware and update the driver.
    Bwallace617 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Thanks for the reply,

I've tried both motherboard, chipset (Nvidia) drivers and haven't made any progress.
    I ried windows updates but I'll give it another go.

I've noticed some drivers don't load unless you have admin rights that was why I asked.
    Anyway If you have any more ideas do keep me informed. I have to break this one.
    Its got me beat and seems to be holding me up.

Regards,

Paul

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frustration station [ 1 Answers ]

I can't lose even one pound! I went to the gym for 2months straight earlier this year, every day, an hour a day on the elliptical and bicycle, and lost nothing.. not an inch, not a pound. And I ate like I should. Since I lost nothing, naturally I got frustrated and quit the gym. So I have been at...

How to deal with this Frustration? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in a relation with a girl for 1 year.We had a lot of fun during that time.We both are 21 years old.I have completed my college in July 2006 and she went to some other city for higher education.she lived in a hostel.Now she says that she doesn't care about me and my feelings.She had...

Frustration has taken over. [ 32 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend were together for ten months and then we broke up. She slept with someone and fell hard for them 4 days after we broke up, yet started talking to him right before we broke up since she worked with him. The break up took place May 28th the day after my birthday. This guy was the...

What is multimedia? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My question is symple but probably the answer is not as easy as the question. I need to know what is Multimedia ?what do people mean when they are talking about multimedia applications ? I need to write an academic essay about multimedia but even I don't have enough general...

View more questions Search