Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alan K Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Bank Levy
    Today I received papers on a bank levy to my account seeing how I only had a few dollars in there they took it. Will they keep coming after everything that I deposit until the debt is cleared? Because my check is direct deposited what do I need to do?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 9, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Well, first thing I would do is STOP the direct deposit, because the levy WILL take whatever is in the account or is deposited in the account. This should be easily done by going to your payroll department. You MAY have to open another account at another bank if your company is one that will NOT cut a paycheck for you.

Next, find out the nature of the levy: who issued it, and for how much?

Th

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, My Bank Account was levied (Levy) Writ on Oct 1st.. from a Lawsuit filed in 2004... They got $780.00 and I have since filed to Quash... Can they continue to get more from that account?

Bank Levy [ 6 Answers ]

I just had my bank account levied. It was due to a credit card account. My question is, they took out money to satisfy the judgement, does this mean that whenever in the future if I was to deposit more money in the account, it will be withdrawn again ? Michael

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

Can a levy be place against your bank account if it is joint and the joint account holder is not your spouse. Is it true that adding a child or aanother third party to your account as a trust or co owner will stop the levy because creditors can not seize an account with a third party.

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

Can a bank levy last until the debt is paid? How does it affect your credit?

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a bank levy done where they took everything out of our acct. I was unaware of the money due. At this point, he has been disabled for 14 months and not working because the dr.'s said he cannot work. How do I contest this being it is my work money in the account. The sherrif's...

View more questions Search