Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JackieP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 08:53 AM
    State of Georgia Taxes
    I owe about $3,300 for unpaid state taxes in Georgia and I tried to make payment arrangements to have money taken out of my payroll check to repay and was told when I called that they could not make arrangements with me and that I needed to pay the full amount. I don't have it to pay and just started on a new job. What are the garnishment laws for state taxes?

Thanks
    Jackie
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 9, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Jackie:

They can and eventually WILL garnish your pay for the taxes.

However, whoever said you cannot set up a payment plan was just WRONG. You need to fill out GA Form 9465. Approval is NOT automatic, but is normally approved if you can clearly show you do not have the funds.

See this link:
    Georgia Department of Revenue
    JackieP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Comment on AtlantaTaxExpert's post
    I was told what I needed to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishments in the state of Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I'm going to have my paycheck garnished. I was never served (the notice went to a previous address). How can I fight this garnishment?

Georgia state tax without ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

I have had applied for my spouse's ITIN with my federal taxes about 4 weeks back. I have not received my spouse's ITIN yet. Do I file an extension for the GA state tax? Or do I file GA state tax stating "ITIN applied for" just below the SSN place holder in the form? I am on H1B and filing...

Employer did not withhold Georgia State Taxes [ 6 Answers ]

I just discovered my employer has not been withholding Georgia state taxes. They have been withholding all other taxes. Since we don't receive a pay stub each payday, I retrieved my first pay stub online and missed it. I haven't pull any others since the direct deposit was the same each time...

Georgia state taxes-OPT-H1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Georgia state taxes This is my employment history Aug 2002-Dec 2004- F1 (Wisconsin) Feb 2005-October 2005- OPT (Atlanta, GA) November 2005 to present - H1 (Atlanta, GA)

View more questions Search