Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcozbyl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Trying to find the title of a dystopian book I read.
    Hi.
    I am trying to remember the title of this book I read as a teenager.
    It was a book about the future where children are raised in a community to prevent all types of creativity. The main character is a boy that starts to feel emotions and I believe wants to make music. In order to "cure" the boy, they take him to a building, put him to sleep and load into him a memory of a time during the black plague. So, then he is a member of a jewish family during a time when Jews were being blamed for the plague. I'm not sure what all happens, but in the end, the temple is burnt down while they all sing. The idea is to make music painful to the boy so he won't like it anymore.

I remember so much about it, and I am desperate to find it. It may be a young adult novel, I did read it a while back.

Thank you so much for your help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Call the young people's department of your public library with this description. They will tell you the title and author. (Libraries have never failed me yet!)
    LTD Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Sounds like it may be "The Giver", but I may be wrong.
    Go to Wikipedia(that's original advive) and plug in Dystopian Lit.
    One of my favourite genres.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me find a kids book, unknown title [ 4 Answers ]

There was a book I read years ago and I believe the story was even made into a movie in the 80s. A handful of orphan kids run away from the orphanage together. They move into an old house somewhere and start living as a family, trying to hide the fact that there are no parents. The oldest kid, a...

I'm Searching for a book I read it age's can someone help me name and find it. [ 1 Answers ]

I remember a little about the story, its rather young adult fiction, or child fiction Its about a town, where everyone knows everybody, but theirs a small society of secret wolves and I think it's the mayor who's the head wolf, now the son of the mayor is about to take of the wolves but he must...

View more questions Search