Ask
    ydpiot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 03:51 PM
    95 Honda Accord dies whill driving at various speeds
    I have a 95 Honda Accord that is stalling at various speeds and suggestions
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Check ignitor and coil--AutoZone will test for free.
    ydpiot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    Check ignitor and coil--AutoZone will test for free.
    The igniter and coil passed according to auto zone. Any other suggestions
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 09:19 AM
    General electrical system preventive maintenance: replace spark plugs (NGK only), distributor cap, rotor, and spark plug wires. Ensure main ECM ground on thermostat housing is clean; ditto for other grounds. Check/replace main relay. Personally, I would still replace the ignitor, even though it passed AutoZone Well's machine test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Honda Accord Dies at random; Won't Start [ 13 Answers ]

Mom has a 98 Accord. Car dies intermittently, and then won't start. HOW IT DIES: The RPM's gradually drop (at random) until the idle no longer keeps the engine running. If you notice it dropping, you can give it gas and "ressurrect the idle" - which seems to be fine for awhile after. ...

94 honda accord stops while driving [ 4 Answers ]

I own a 94 honda accord and it has been sitting for a while because it would not start. So I replaced the main relay and it did start and even ran for a while, but has now started stopping again and is doing so on the highway and at stop lights. Just anywhere it feels like it. I have heard so many...

Honda Accord 99 shuts off while driving [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I currently own a honda accord year 99 and I am having problems with the car shutting off while I am driving. I pull over to the side of the road to restart the car and it starts right back up. Then I drive another mile and it shuts off again while I am driving then it restarts itself....

92 Honda Accord Dies at stop lights [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I Have a 92 Honda Accord Automatic that is having problems. For the last couple weeks it seems to be idleing low when you are at a stop light or stop sign like in the 500 range. Well the other day at stop it died and about 20 minutes later it started again. Well 2 days after that it did the...

'95 Honda del Sol engine dies at high speeds [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone. My girlfriend's '95 del Sol dies at highway speeds. The engine just stops, rpm drops to zero. The car starts up fine afterwards, but after a few minutes of driving, it dies again. We had to get it towed home (140 dollars!! AHH! ). Now she's too scared to drive it anywhere too...

View more questions Search