Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatsKats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Cant get shampoo out of hair.
    I have extremely thick very coarse red hair, and its always been a little tough to get the soap out, but for the last few (4-5) months I've had to hide grimey hair in a constant ponytail. Its so bad that as soon as I get my hair wet it plasters together and I just can't get the soap through it. Nearly 30-45 minutes later I've finally managed to wash it in 1-2 inch chunks, and when I run it between my fingers it squeeks like I've been told it should when all the soaps out. I detangle it and let it dry natrually (hair dryers fry it within 5 minutes) which works fine until I try to style later and its just separated into clumps and feels like I put vaseline in it.

It doesn't seem to matter what shampoo I use from really cheap to very overpriced

Any suggestions? Please??
    Curley_Girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsKats
    I have extremely thick very coarse red hair, and its always been a little tough to get the soap out, but for the last few (4-5) months I've had to hide grimey hair in a constant ponytail. Its so bad that as soon as I get my hair wet it plasters together and i just can't get the soap through it. nearly 30-45 minutes later I've finally managed to wash it in 1-2 inch chunks, and when I run it between my fingers it squeeks like I've been told it should when all the soaps out. I detangle it and let it dry natrually (hair dryers fry it within 5 minutes) which works fine until i try to style later and its just seperated into clumps and feels like I put vaseline in it.

It doesnt seem to matter what shampoo I use from really cheap to very overpriced

Any suggestions? please???
    Do you have curly hair? I have naturally curly hair and I have found the best product out there is Wen Cleansing conditioner. It's not your usual shampoo. Try detangling your hair before you wash it. And yes, you can use a hair dryer with a diffuser. Good luck
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 5, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Hair products and pollutant can cause your hair to look grimy and dull. Try using a clarifying shampoo or anti-residue shampoo once a week to remove any built-up hair styling products or residue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dye shampoo [ 5 Answers ]

Gender : 19 years old male Natural hair color : Black Desire - Medium brown hair Hey everybody, how are you? I'm new here as you can tell :) This messageboard looks like a great place to ask questions and help answer questions about Anything & Everything (even the little things) so expect to...

Artech Hair color shampoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I used Artec color depositing shampoo thinking it would wash out in 1 shampoo (like the brown hair mousse). My blonde/light brown highlighed hair is now red... can you please let me know if this shampoo has semi-permanent or permanent color? I used the chocolate brown shade. I've washed my...

What is Your Favorite Shampoo or Hair Product? [ 3 Answers ]

:) :) I am looking for everyone's favorite Shampoo or hair products.The looks I am looking for r is A shampoo that smells great, straightens and is shiny, but any shampoo\hair product you love I wan tto know!!

Shampoo for color treated hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I have a quick question. I dye my hair red - it's more of an orange/copper color, really. I do it myself, but when I had it done in a salon a few months ago, the woman who did it sold me the Aveda shampoo/conditioner for copper hair, which is really good for keeping the color in but really...

Does Shampoo 24-7 damage your hair? [ 4 Answers ]

Does Shampooing your hair everyday morning day and night damage your hair? Someone told me the chemicals dry it out.. hmm I'm wondering

View more questions Search