Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Orangesmoke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 05:50 PM
    My girlfriends asked me if it was OK if she went out with another girl while we were
    My girlsfriend is Bi and we have been going out for a month and a half. She asked me during school if it would be all right with me if she could go out with a another girl while we were dating. She said it wasn't cheating if it was with the same sex in her eyes. And she said that nothing would change, and I want her to be happy so I said as long as nothing changes and you don't love me any less it is OK with me... that was a couple of hours ago and now I'm wondering if I did the right thing. I love my girlfriend and I want her to be happy but at wh at expense? This was a frist for me and I don't think I can Handle dating Half a person but I also don't want to be a jerk and tell her no you can't go out with her because I've had a change of heart.. I know the girl that she wants to date and she's nice but I don't know if I can coop very well with what might happen. I am tottaly lost and confused someone please help me... I am desperate... :confused:
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Nov 5, 2007, 06:52 PM
    You are unsure whether not you want a girlfriend that sees another person. Do you want to be in a monogamous relationship? By definition it's not cheating because she being upfront and open about it. If you don't think you can't handle this type of relationship this does not make you a jerk.

Option 1: You tell her you don't want to be in relationship with her and another woman. She breaks up with you. Or she stays but cheats.

Option 2: Tell her nothing and continue to ride it out.

Option 3: Break up with her and find someone just wants you.
    Curley_Girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangesmoke
    My girlsfriend is Bi and we have been going out for a month and a half. She asked me during school if it would be alright with me if she could go out with a another girl while we were dating. she said it wasnt cheating if it was with the same sex in her eyes. And she said that nothing would change, and i want her to be happy so i said as long as nothing changes and you dont love me any less it is ok with me... that was a couple of hours ago and now im wondering if i did the right thing. i love my girlfriend and i want her to be happy but at wh at expense? this was a frist for me and i dont think i can Handle dating Half a person but i also dont want to be a jerk and tell her no you can't go out with her becuase i've had a change of heart.. i know the girl that she wants to date and shes nice but i dont know if i can coop very well with what might happen. I am tottaly lost and confused someone please help me...i am desperate...:confused:
    If you aren't comfortable with it then you need to let her know. Just tell her after giving it some thought that it just won't work for you. It is cheating, no matter what the sex of the other person is. If she is giving romantic interest to someone else, than it is cheating. And she knows it too! She's just trying to get away with it. Just tell her you want to build a relationship with her and you don't see how it can work if she isn't as committed to you as you are to her. Put the ball back in her court and let her decide which is more important. If you lose her realize there is someone 100 times better out there waiting for you! Good luck!!

I do believe that polygamy is cheating, and very wrong at that, but that is my personal view on it. It all depends on how you define cheating. I understand that she was up front with him, but it seems like she wants to have her cake and eat it too.
    Why don't you ask her if she wants to see other people what her view is on you dating others? If she has a problem with that then maybe you should call her on why it's OK for her to do it.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Nov 6, 2007, 06:09 AM
    I disagree with you Curly_Girl, Cheating is deception which is not what she is doing because the parties involved are made aware. Now if she went out there and was going behind his back then that would be cheating. He was giving a choice He could have just said "no I'm not into that type of thing. If that is something that will make you happy then that is someone that you have to do with another partner"

Do you consider a polygamist cheater?
    I_appreciate_him Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Nov 6, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangesmoke
    My girlsfriend is Bi and we have been going out for a month and a half. She asked me during school if it would be alright with me if she could go out with a another girl while we were dating. she said it wasnt cheating if it was with the same sex in her eyes. And she said that nothing would change, and i want her to be happy so i said as long as nothing changes and you dont love me any less it is ok with me... that was a couple of hours ago and now im wondering if i did the right thing. i love my girlfriend and i want her to be happy but at wh at expense? this was a frist for me and i dont think i can Handle dating Half a person but i also dont want to be a jerk and tell her no you can't go out with her becuase i've had a change of heart.. i know the girl that she wants to date and shes nice but i dont know if i can coop very well with what might happen. I am tottaly lost and confused someone please help me...i am desperate...:confused:

Wow I don't think what you did was right if you want to be wit her in the long run... cause she may fall in love wit that girl and then if she does she will leave you... and that will hurt if you really care about her... and in my eyes that is considered cheating cause if they are going to do anything sexually... and if she does it wit you then that is actually called 2 timing/ cheating

But hey I think you should take everyone here's advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 year old girl and have never been asked out or kissed [ 50 Answers ]

I'm a 16 year old girl and I have never been kissed or asked out and it is making me feel as if I am not normal. I don't get it I'm pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but I am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. What's wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.

I asked out a girl now whar? [ 1 Answers ]

I asked out a girl and she said I will think about it! What should I do? What if she says no? What if she says yes?? Need immediate help! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: confuseddater!

Girlfriends Issues [ 6 Answers ]

I need your advice on something... two guys are trying to move in on my girlfriend and every time she tells them to get lost, they think she's flirting with them... What the can I do? :(

My girl of 3 years has asked for space [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, mygirlfriend of 3 years has said she is not hapy and needs to go to her mums to sort her head out. We have lived together for 2 years and she has gone to her mums before about a year ago, but she came back. We don't really argue but we do bicker a lot about nothing and when she drinks at...

Girlfriends friends [ 3 Answers ]

I've met nearly all of her friends since we started to have a relationship together. She has more guy friends then women friends... however this doesn't bother me... at least it never ever has in the past. here's the problem: I can't seem to want to get to know/have fun with a certain group of...

View more questions Search