Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Nov 5, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Good acne medications
    Hello
    I was dealing with some acne, most of it wasn't pimples but like red dotty cysts where the skin wasn't exfolitating right, but I was prescribed doxycycline and differin, and I took it for 8 weeks, and I stopped the doxycycline because it made me sick all the time and gave me esophagus problems, and now I'm getting whiteheads, which I never get! When I go back to the derm, I want her to prescribe me something that actually works for once in my life! Has anyone had any luck with prescription medicines? I can't seem to find the right one...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
    There are prescription treatments such as oral antibiotics, topical antibiotics, or creams which can clear the skin of bacteria and whiteheads. Some dermatologists may precribe Retinoids or Differin gel to treat whiteheads. Remember that everyone's skin type is different, so what works for others may not work for you. Your dermatologists will examine your skin and prescribe a treatment that's right for you.
    Karleighstarasinich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegal
    Hello
    I was dealing with some acne, most of it wasn't pimples but like red dotty cysts where the skin wasn't exfolitating right, but i was prescribed doxycycline and differin, and i took it for 8 weeks, and i stopped the doxycycline because it made me sick all the time and gave me esophagus problems, and now i'm getting whiteheads, which i never get! When I go back to the derm, I want her to prescribe me something that actually works for once in my life! Has anyone had any luck with prescription medicines?? I can't seem to find the right one...
    I use differin gel & for the first two weeks my face was worse, now it's just okay. I've been using an astringent which also helps, but drys my face. When all else fails, a trip to the tanning bed usually zaps my zits!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Anyone know of a good cleanser for acne? [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I'm one of those who has tried this and that including prescription lotions, creams, yada yada yada. I'm looking for something for sensitive skin, a facial wash to be specific Thanks

Help with medications [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any help out getting medications at a much less cost? My copay for my meds has quadrupled and I just can't affor them anymore. I'm having to choose which ones I can do with out. I'm a diabetic and I also have MS. PLEASE help I don't know where to turn :'(

View more questions Search