Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kj6609 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Find biological mother
    I would like to find my biological mother but have absolutely no information on her or how to start. I don't have money either to pay for a service. Can someone help get me started or point me in a direction.

Thank you
    Kjs
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Were you adopted? If so try to adoption agency...

Nov 5, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Thanks so much, its not like I didn't think of that. I have ABSOLUTELY no information other than my birthdate and place of birth. I don't know if it was a private adoption or through an agency. I have my original birth certificate but it has my adoptive parents info.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 5, 2007, 08:28 PM
    It sounds like most of the information lies within your adoptive parents. They will know where they adopted you. Ask them...

Nov 5, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Its not that easy, my mom is deceased and I my dad is not in good health. Don't want him to think I don't appreciate what they did by adopting me. Its just not a subject to discuss.
    Thanks anyway.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Most likely, yours was a closed adoption.

If that is the case, getting a hold of your original birth certificate may be extremely difficult.

If you know your place of birth, check with the courthouse in that county. They may be able to tell you what steps you'd need to take to see your original birth certificate.

Also... most areas have a limited number of adoption agencies. Unless you were born in or near one of the big cities (Chicago, Dallas/Ft Worth, New York--cities whose populations with the suburbs included number in the millions), you're probably only looking at a choice of 3-4 agencies in the area. You might try contacting ALL of the agencies in the area you were born, asking that if they have information pertinent to your birth mother that you'd like to be informed.

Other than those steps--try a site like Adoption.com. There's a lot of support and know-how there, and they may be able to tell you what steps you can take besides those I've listed.

Good luck!

Nov 6, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Thanks for the help.

Kjs
    lynnfarnham632002 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Where were you adopted? I am trying to find my son that I gave up for adoption years ago. Maybe we can help each other. I have 2 boys I am looking for. One would be 21 and one 23.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find my biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

I was adopted when I was about 4 months old. I was born May 27, 1980 in Henrico county Virginia and was adopted through the Catholic Home Bureau in Hampton, VA. My biological mother was white with an Italian background and my father was black. My mother and father dated until she became pregnant...

I wish to find my biological mother and father [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Mark and I would like very much to meet my biological mother and father. I'm not needing anything from them. I'm financially well off, but would like to meet them to bring some closure to my adoption. I have a lovely wife and three beautiful children. I was born November 23, 1964...

Finding my biological mother or father [ 7 Answers ]

I would like some help on trying to find my dad. My dad's name is Wayne Turman. And my moms name was Patricia Turman. But they got divorced when I was a baby, and I don't know my moms madien name is. I have two biological brothers, and I have a sister which lived with me. I told my foster parents,...

Find my biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Claus Hanke living in Denmark. My adopted son Thomas (born March 15, 1968) wants to find his biological parents, prefarably his biological mother. He has given me the authority to conduct this search. From his early childhood he has known, that he was adopted. Thomas is doing well in...

Curious about biological mother or father [ 6 Answers ]

View more questions Search