Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neyadhish Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2005, 01:43 AM
    Volkwagen Jetta 2000 is spitting gas when I fill it up
    Hi!
    Can anyone give me any solution how to prvent my volkswagen jetta spitting gas when I fill it up? Ever since it started happening, I also see the check engine light. I would like to have your opinion before spending whole lot of money figuring out what's wrong.

I would appreciate it. Thx
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2005, 05:05 AM
    Spitting gas
    Hi,
    Do you mean its "spitting" it back out the gas fill hole where the gas cap is?
    This would mean the gas is not getting in very well, and that possibly there is air trapped inside.
    It could mean almost anything.
    If your "check engine" light is on, it could mean some oxygen sensors, or other, are bad.
    I would definitely take it to a reputable garage, and let a mechanic look at it. A reputable garage would probably be cheaper than a dealership's garage.
    I would "ask around" in your local area, find out who does good work and what they charge.
    Best of luck.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2005, 11:29 AM
    When you fill up? Well you can go to auto parts stores, such as advance, or autozone I believe as well, get the codes checked for free. The tank should have some sort of a vent, to let fumes out, probably is clogged.
    neyadhish Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2005, 11:14 PM
    Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot
    I have started looking for the solution as you've advised. But I was looking at some of the comments on VW cars and it seems like VW is really a rip off. Thousands of people advised not to buy VW. I mean my car has very low mileage, only 20K. I normally use my bike. Some people even had only 10K mileage and their cars already suck!! They keep spending money on their dream VW cars. It's a shame.

Thanks guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to fill in old cellar [ 2 Answers ]

I actually saw a post on this site for filling in a hole in the yard. This hole I think is considerably larger. I'm considering following the advice given there, and trying to fill this hole with soil. The hole appears to be an old cellar for an older house that used to stand on the property. ...

HELP... not sure which forms I need to fill out [ 3 Answers ]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a "real" job in which I received a W-2 and a second job in which I received a 1099-MISC. This is the first year I've had both of these forms and I need to know exactly what forms I need to fill out. PLEASE help! M:confused:

Fill a complain [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, On 24 May 2004 an exporter from the UK have shipped us a 40' FCL container of packaging films, but it happens that after arriving of this container to our port here in SYRIA we have discovered that there is a shortage in quantity of about 6500 kilos, in addition the entire quality...

Spitting Blood [ 0 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I I live in Japan and she has a problem that has persisted despite thorough medical exams here and in her home country. In the morning she spits small spots of coagulated blood, usually about the size of a pin head, sometimes a little larger, but not in any great volume. She has...

Toilet doesn't fill up [ 2 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet the water continues to flow into the toilet and it won't stop. After I jiggle the handle a couple of times it finally will stop. What do I need to do inside the tank to fix this? Thank you, Pat B.

View more questions Search