Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e419 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Where is the ECU on a 92' honda civic
    My car broke down and won't start. It turns over but won't fire. I did the K test and got 00.3 volts and the check engine light won't turn off. I tried getting the codes off it but it wouldn't blink or nothing. I'm almost sure it's the ECU that needs replaced but I'm not exactly sure where I need to start tearing apart to get to it.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Good job. Yes, your ECM is toast. Here's how to replace it:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235038

You have already saved yourself a lot of money. Replacing the ECM yourself, with a remanufactured one (try to get a lifetime warranty), will save you another $1,200 dollars.

Afterwards, please update the K-Test Poll below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ht=k-test+poll

Nov 16, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Thanks for that. Got the car running fine now.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Thanks for updating the K-Test Poll--it should help others see that ECMs are not "bulletproof" and that do-it-yourselfers can diagnose problems with them, without buying expensive test equipment.

Nov 17, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    Helped me figure out were ECM was

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic (2000) ECU CVT error [ 3 Answers ]

Service diagnostic of my Honda Civic (manufacturing year - 2000) ECU showed the error 30-1. It seems to be the CVT error. Does there anybody know, what this error means? Could it be because of old dirty oil in CVT? The car was driven over 80.000 km, and oil has never changed.

1991 Honda Civic Si, No ECU LED [ 16 Answers ]

My honda will not show any indicator lights on the ecu, I bought a new ecu and I'm still showing no indicator lights. I took off the distributer, and changed that brown relay(ignitor maybe?), same thing, the check engine light stays on, I do not hear the fuel pump, I do hear the main relay click. I...

90 civic No power to ECU [ 1 Answers ]

Just got a 90 civic for my son. Turns over fine, but won't start. I took the igniter,coil,and main relay out, put them into an acura that I have and they all worked. Started looking around and noticed that the CEL comes on with the key but never goes off. The red light on the ECU never blinks,...

ECU input to Igniter (ICM) on 1993 Honda Civic DPFI [ 0 Answers ]

How do you measure the input from the ECU to the ignitor (ICM) (YEL/GRN wire)?? This input tells the ignitor when to ground the -ve side of the primary coil. My multimeter registers a non zero small voltage when cranking, but since the response is very low on my meter, I don't think I'm...

View more questions Search